Wiring diagram
DucatiRacerBoy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the triple play thing I think and I recently upgraded to WiFi 6 with gigabit ethernet.  Someone had used a CAT 5 cable for twisted pair, however I thought that those wires were someone's attempt to wire ethernet, ( i have ethernet jacks in the house that are not connected...) so I removed them and spliced a jack onto the cable.  Upon realizing my mistake I need to rewire this thing.  I realize I will have to "figure out" which pair of wires was used for the "twisted pair" that goes to the only twisted pair jack in the house.  My problem is this.  The ONT has a generic connection block for what appears to be two lines.  I remember that there might have been four wires in total that were connected but can't be sure.  Can anyone tell me what needs to be connected to restore my VOIP?  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wiring diagram
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 4 red/green are for line 1 and the 4 yellow/black are line 2. You will typically need to connect the blue/white pair to one of the red/green. Solid blue goes to red and blue/white goes to green. 

View solution in original post

DucatiRacerBoy
Enthusiast - Level 2

imageHere is the block...it has connection points for 8 pairs.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you talking about fixing the wiring for your internet or phone line? I still can’t see the picture as it hasn’t been approved by the moderator. 

DucatiRacerBoy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone.  I mistakenly thought that whom ever used CAT 5 here started to wired up ethernet and gave up

0 Likes
DucatiRacerBoy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Picture up now

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 4 red/green are for line 1 and the 4 yellow/black are line 2. You will typically need to connect the blue/white pair to one of the red/green. Solid blue goes to red and blue/white goes to green.