WorldPlan + Unlimited Canada
bevross
Contributor - Level 1

I waited years to sign up for FIOS due to unsatisfactory international calling plans.  Finally I saw they were offering a plan that would be worth it to our household & signed up for --

FiOS Digital Voice - Unlimited Calls to Canada (Mexico too?  forget but I don't call there)

WorldPlan 300

Now, I find that the WorldPlan usage meter seems to be metering my Canada minutes along with other international calls!  I called Verizon billing and they confirmed this: unlimited calls to Canada but the WorldPlan meter includes these minutes?!  They said they'd "get back to me" about this.  The meter is rather useless since it doesn't show where these calls are going.  One has to wait, I suppose, for the bill to see a specific breakdown.  But, I don't want to have to wait for the possibility of overcharges and fighting with billing on this.  So, I'm writing here in the hopes of getting Verizon to act quicker on the software they use for monitoring WorldPlan minutes.  I think those of us with concerned with international calling must be a small minority but we need to rise up & be heard!

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: WorldPlan + Unlimited Canada
marc3565
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you calling countries other then Canada/US?

I call Canada all the time and never get billed any extra and I do not have World plan.

"So, I'm writing here in the hopes of getting Verizon to act quicker on the software they use for monitoring WorldPlan minutes."

I thought I'd point out.. Even though these forums are hosted by Verizon they are peer-to-peer forums where users try to help users.

0 Likes
Re: WorldPlan + Unlimited Canada
bevross
Contributor - Level 1
Yes -- we call a few other countries.  That's the problem:  with both World Plan & unlimited to Canada -- it's counting all international under the World Plan counter (in our case -- 300 minutes) & it shouldn't count Canada.
@marc3565 wrote:

Are you calling countries other then Canada/US?

I call Canada all the time and never get billed any extra and I do not have World plan.

0 Likes