You sold my number??
rsarno1

I recently ported my number from cablevision to Verizon FIOS for the triple play package. 

Since day 1 we have gotten bombarded with telemarketers!! NON STOP!!! I just now received another call at 8:15pm and it woke up my sleeping 1yr old. 

How could you do this to your customers? Im sure you obtained my position by burying the permissions deep in some TOS agreement, but why even put it there?? Do whats right for the customer!!! 

More importantly, how do we stop the 15-20 calls per day??

0 Likes
Re: You sold my number??
PJL
Master - Level 3

@rsarno wrote:

I recently ported my number from cablevision to Verizon FIOS for the triple play package. 

Since day 1 we have gotten bombarded with telemarketers!! NON STOP!!! I just now received another call at 8:15pm and it woke up my sleeping 1yr old. 

How could you do this to your customers? Im sure you obtained my position by burying the permissions deep in some TOS agreement, but why even put it there?? Do whats right for the customer!!! 

More importantly, how do we stop the 15-20 calls per day??

The calls you are receiving are likey sequential number dialing from telemarketers.  I don't think Verizon "sells" numbers.  Are you registered with DoNotCall.gov, the national registry?

0 Likes
Re: You sold my number??
aghope

I am also receiving a lot of telemarking calls from obnoxious people who don't care what time they call.  Recently, there was an error in my account (long story), so I had to sign up for new service although I'm a 6  year customer.   The telemarkerts also told me that Verizon sold them my number.  I'm on the donotcall list, but these jerk telemarkets keep calling every single day.  The DoNotCAll List is a joke.

0 Likes