accessing Fios Digital Account Manager
bp20141
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone recently been able to successfully log in to the Fios Digital Account Manager ( http://www.verizon.com/fiosvoice )? I haven't been able to access it today or yesterday. I even let a customer service rep take control of my screen to attempt access. It just takes me to GetFiOSVoice.aspx which recommends that I get Digital Fios Voice....

If anyone is able to verify that they can access their voice account manager and manage their call features (or verify that it doesn't work for you either), I would be appreciative. As of right now, I'm under the impression that it doesn't work for anyone.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: accessing Fios Digital Account Manager
PJL
Master - Level 3

I just signed in (using the link you provided) and it works fine.

0 Likes
bp20141
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just to clarify, could you confirm that after logging in that you had options to modify your calling features. After I log in I just get this screen (nothing there to click on)

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@bp2014 wrote:

Just to clarify, could you confirm that after logging in that you had options to modify your calling features. After I log in I just get this screen (nothing there to click on)

The entire site functions correctly.  You are using your primary account, not a subaccount, right?

bp20141
Enthusiast - Level 1

There must be something wrong with my account (I only have a primary account, no sub accounts).

Thanks for confirming that the site works for you. I'll contact verizon to see if they can spot what is causing the issue.

0 Likes
Shirley4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you get a sloution? We are having the same problem. We are using our primary account and getting the same non-functional page as you showed.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

When was the last time you tried to access your account?

0 Likes
Shirley4
Enthusiast - Level 2

We talked with a Verizon person. The problem is that we did not have FiOS Digital Voice. We have FiOS but not Digital Voice. The customer service people are totally unable to specify what it is that we have now. I think they say FTTP or Freedom Essentials but that does not describe the technology. The Verizon person is switching us over to Digital Voice but when I asked what the difference is she said that Digital Voice uses fiber cables and we have copper cables. What? If that is the difference then how can they switch us over? They are so frustrating in their inability to explain what it is. Anyway, she says that the switch will occur overnite.

So apparently the reason the page we see instead of the Digital Account Manager looks like a sales advertisement is becasue it is. It would help for it to be more explicit about why we are seeing it instead of the Digital Account Manager.

0 Likes
Shirley4
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ElizabethS wrote:

When was the last time you tried to access your account?

If yu are asking us then the answer is about a week ago. Our account was hacked and Verizon is doing very little about it. We were logged into our account very recently for other reasons too.

The explanation that we have not recently accessed our account is likely bogus. I hope my experience helps others.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Shirley wrote:

We talked with a Verizon person. The problem is that we did not have FiOS Digital Voice. We have FiOS but not Digital Voice. The customer service people are totally unable to specify what it is that we have now. I think they say FTTP or Freedom Essentials but that does not describe the technology. The Verizon person is switching us over to Digital Voice but when I asked what the difference is she said that Digital Voice uses fiber cables and we have copper cables. What? If that is the difference then how can they switch us over? They are so frustrating in their inability to explain what it is. Anyway, she says that the switch will occur overnite.

So apparently the reason the page we see instead of the Digital Account Manager looks like a sales advertisement is becasue it is. It would help for it to be more explicit about why we are seeing it instead of the Digital Account Manager.

NO problem if you have fios to switch it over.  From the ONT the FIOS DIgital VOice uses the same copper wires to connect to your phone.  And at one time most FIOS installs did switch the connection over to the ONT but did not give you FDV, those people got Freedom Essentials.  IF you are one of those, they can do the switch completely at the Local office and not do a truck roll.

• If you are still using copper one difference is your phone requires the ONT to have power to work.  (if previously switched you already have that problem).
  • Call Restrictions You cannot receive Collect or third Party Calls, and you cannot place 900 calls
  • Certain tarriffs don't apply (may save you a few bucks)
  • A bunch of normally optional features are include (about 20 of them)
  • Some doc still mention needing 10 digit dialing, but this was restriction was removed for your local area code at least for most areas.
  • You get lower cost international calls and unlimited calling to US and few other areas. (with the most common FDV package)

See the full doc at https://www36.verizon.com/fiosvoice/userguide/User_Guide.pdf

0 Likes