block spoof calls
cestmoiann

Anyone else out there bothered 2,3 or 4 times a day with spoof calls? That leave messages on your voicemail? That you pay for? We have digital voice. We use the home line for fax and other services that we need. I want Verizon Fios digital voice home telephone service to allow me to block the first 6 digits of incoming calls and allow me to whitelist the numbers that can get through. Those are the elements required to spoof. There are good, reliable cell phone apps that can do this. I get zero spoof calls to my cell number. I want Verizon digital voice to do this for the home phone!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: block spoof calls
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

The major phone providers are working on a solution.

If you want to read up on it, it is called STIR/SHAKEN.

The idea behind it is that the caller id will have to be authenticated.

In the meantime, you can subscribe (for free for landlines) to a service called nomorobo.
They will block a number of calls. It uses the simultaneous ring feature that is supported by FDV.

So you hear one ring and it stops.

It doesn't catch all of the calls. But I have been using it for over a year and it has greatly reduced that calls I get.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

I believe verizon and other providers give 100 to 200 call blocks for free. I know the FCC has mandated they have these in place by 2020. I know the cellular companies have already placed these on customer lines both as free and upgraded pay service.

call blocking is available for home phones. Just google it.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

The major phone providers are working on a solution.

If you want to read up on it, it is called STIR/SHAKEN.

The idea behind it is that the caller id will have to be authenticated.

In the meantime, you can subscribe (for free for landlines) to a service called nomorobo.
They will block a number of calls. It uses the simultaneous ring feature that is supported by FDV.

So you hear one ring and it stops.

It doesn't catch all of the calls. But I have been using it for over a year and it has greatly reduced that calls I get.