*blocking inbound telephone number
Mulligan
I have tried *60 and 3, but am unable to connect to the call blocking service.  Is it available in Florida?  Any suggestions to how I can block a harassing phone caller.  I have their number.
0 Likes
Re: *blocking inbound telephone number
GSnicker
Enthusiast - Level 3
Call Block is no longer available in most areas in Florida. It also only blocked local numbers, no long distance, cell phones, businesses, etc. Not much use so they did away with it. It's pretty hard to block anyone from calling you anymore if they show the name or number. If no name or number shows Call Intercept with Caller ID works good, but only if there is no name or number showing. You can contact law enforcement for harrassing callers.
0 Likes
nanna1751
I have Verizon iobi!  This is WONDERFUL!!!!  It allows you to do a lot of things, one of which is call blocking.  And, you install it to your computer.  So, wen I'm at work and get a call -- I get a pop-up box informing me that someone has called.  If they are on the call block list, you get a pop-up but, the call NEVER GETS THROUGH!  iobi costs approximately $7.95/mo.  But, it is well worth it!
0 Likes
GSnicker
Enthusiast - Level 3
iobi is no longer available to purchase. It is grandfathered, meaning you can use it if you have it but no longer sold. Now there is a similar free service called Verizon Call Assistant.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

However, as far as I can tell, call blocking is not yet available with Call Assistant. There is a link to new features "coming soon" on my CA page on the web, and one of those is call blocking. So hopefully soon.....there is also a link, which I think is new, where you can post your feedback about CA; that is a nice step forward.

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX

0 Likes
nanna1751
Well -- I just got iobi not too long ago.  When did they discontinue????
0 Likes
slugbusteR

You are definately wrong about this.  IOBI still exists and still can be purchased. In fact, when I signed up for the free service "Verizon Call Assistant" a week ago, I received a letter from Verizon indicating that the free service had been added, and I received a second letter indicating that IOBI service had been added to my account for $7.95 a month.  I had to phone to get this unwanted IOBI service off my account.  VCA seems to provide a subset of the features of IOBI, which still exists as a separate not-for-free account.  By the way, Verizon personnel seem to be very confused by all of this.  I had to call tech support because a glitch in my voice mail service prevented VCA from working.  When I called, the tech support person had never heard of VCA, and had to go talk to her friends to get another tech support phone number for me to call, and that tech support person referred my call to yet another tech support person who finally fixed my problem. 

0 Likes
Coolwireless
IOBI is awesome....  I changed the name on my phone account and Verizon used it as an excuse to kill my IOBI service and they wont put it back.... The day I find another provider that provides similar phone number blocking I'm soo switching....
0 Likes