caller ID
RBOTTARI
Enthusiast - Level 1

can caller id be displayed on my TV, comcast provides this service free

0 Likes
Re: caller ID
Justin46
Legend

Depends on where you are in the country; some areas have it, some apparently do not yet. Eventually all Verizon areas will presumably get the service (can't speak to the areas being taken over by Frontier).

You can go into the Menu on your STB and see if the option is already there:

Menu ==. Settings ==> Caller ID

If the setting is there then it MAY work; some areas have more trouble than others getting Caller ID working. For me, I have had it for about 6 months, has worked flawlessly except for one day when I found it not working, went through the steps on the STB to disable and then enable it, and within an hour it was working again.

It would help if you would update your profile here with your location, or provide the location in the text of your post, it would help people give more complete and correct answers.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Re: caller ID
maddog241

I live in Pittsburgh, Pa.  (VHO 11)  The option for Caller ID showed up last Thursday or Friday so I enabled it.  I read on another forum that others who live in my area had the service working immediately after they enabled it.  It has been since Friday morning well over 48hrs. and it does not work for me at all.  I enabled it on all 3 of my boxes 6416 DVR, HD box, and std box...rebooted each of them...none of them display the Caller ID.  If it works for others in my VHO, why not me? What gives ?

0 Likes