caller id shows incoming number as "UNAVAILABLE 000-000-0000" how to block
social

I am getting constant calls from a number that shows up as "unavailable 000-000-0000."  I imagine this is some kind of caller ID spoof or else is coming from a VoiP phone.  When I try to block this number (including with an added "1" as a prefix) I get a message telling me to please enter a valid phone number.  I already have anonymous calls blocked but this gets around that service.  Anyone have any ideas on how to block these calls? Driving me crazy... 

0 Likes
Re: caller id shows incoming number as "UNAVAILABLE 000-000-0000" how to block
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The anonymous call rejection does not apply to

1) Calls outside your normal calling area

2) Pay phones

3)Operator Assisted Calls

Sorry that you are receiving this annoyance. If they unlawful in nature or harrasing, please make sure to file a police report.

0 Likes
mike19691
Contributor - Level 1

You might want to give the Call Intercept feature a try. It has a block list of 25 numbers and is not as strict about whether or not a number is technically a valid phone number or not. But I would speak to a customer service rep before you try it just to be sure it can handle this particular phone number. I think you are right it is definitely spoofed or someone using VOIP. Good luck.

0 Likes
ProfessorPete

Why doesn't Verizon re-program Incoming Call Block to allow blocking of 000-000-0000 ? So what if it is not a valid number?  That's the point! It's obviously intended deception, almost certainly by a scammer.  If Verizon will not automatically block such callers, the least they can do is let us choose to block this number. Please, Verizon! I and many others are getting frequent calls from 000-000-0000  , they never leave a message, and there are many complaints about calls from this number posted online at various sites

0 Likes
abecedarian

Did you actually read the question? Your answer indicates that you didn't.

0 Likes