can any super nice helpful one tell me why i have DSL,but there is no dial tone in my house?
zhudi

it has been 2 weeks , at begining, my phone and DSL all down and i was been told by verizon that it' s the problem of  this 's garea. ...after 2 weeks, DSL is fixed up , but there is no dial tone for my home phone. i switched another telephone, cord, still no dial tone. ...and i used my cell phone to call my home phone, dial tone is busy....

...,,right now, what can i do? i called verizon, they will send me a technician and charge me $91 for first 30mins.........i am a poor man with little english ....what can i do? feel so helpless

0 Likes
Re: can any super nice helpful one tell me why i have DSL,but there is no dial tone in my house?
prisaz
Legend

They will only charge you if the problem is in your residence. If you had a wire maintenance plan there should be no cost. If your DSL is working your phone should be. I would say it is not a local problem in your residence, unless the phone jack where you are pluging your phone in is bad. Try unpluging your DSL modem and pluging your phone in at that location. If it works then you have a wiring problem, and will be charged for the repair trip.

To check if the problem is in your residence. 

Open the customer side of the phone box on the outside and unplug the cable from the jack.

Plug your phone in at that location, and see if it works. If it does then the problem is a wiring issue in your residence.

If your equipment coming into the house is old, you may not be able to test it this way.

Message Edited by prisaz on 05-24-2009 10:15 AM
0 Likes