clicks on cordless phone, not on regular phone
NewJerseyuser

My regular desk phone works fine.  When I use my cordless phone, however, I frequently hear clicks on the line. Clicks loud enough that the person I'm talking to sometimes thinks I've hung up.  The cordless phone is old, and  I thought it might be the phone going bad, so I bought another cordless phone this week. The same thing is happening. The company I bought the phone from told me they thought the clicks are likely because I'm sitting close to my computer when using the phone, and that it is the proximity to the computer that is causing the clicks, but I don't think this is is the problem.  Anybody have any thoughts? Is it possibly a line problem?  And if so, why is it only affecting the cordless phone, and not affecting the regular, corded desktop phone.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: clicks on cordless phone, not on regular phone
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Now how did this happen! I double posted 😧

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What frequency does your new phone work on by any chance? If you don't know, sharing the model of the phone/base station should help us find this information.

Have you tried ruling out the phone jack the base station is connected to as being the culprit?

0 Likes
NewJerseyuser

Thanks a lot for your reply to my post.  After reading your reply, I changed the location of the base unit from one room to another--and the clicking sounds, on the cordless, continued.  To answer your other question:  the new cordless phone is, according to the operating instructions booklet, a Standard DECT 6.0 phone (with a frequency range, according to the instructions book, of 1.92 GHz to 1.93 GHz.).  I don't know what the frequency was of the previous/older cordless phone I was using until a few days ago (which also, as I had mentioned,  was having the clicking problem as well).  Again--I appreciate your reply very much.

0 Likes