conversion from wired to fiber nightmare
Dakota221

I got a letter to call to schedule phone switch from copper to fiber.   My monthly charges would not change. I had two Verizon accounts.  One for the cooper wire landline, one for fios internet.  

Called the number to schedule a tech for phone switch and was told long wait time, I could do it on-line.  Verizon did not consider someone with a wired phone could also have Fios internet.  Went to Verizon.com/fiberupgrade and was taken to sign in to MyVerizon.   I could not find any option to schedule a service tech, so I did on-line chat asking where.   Operator said to choose phone and a scheduling query would open.   I chose phone and it just automatically added it to my existing Fios internet account.  It gave me a new phone number.  What a nightmare.

I finally reached a rep who said he would disconnect my old phone # to free it.  Then he would replace the new number with the old one. He would call next morning when it was done In the meantime I would be without a phone.

24 hours later no call from that tech, so I used Messenger to have someone check.  They did and said the change process would be finished in 4 hours.  So now I have been without any service, I am paying much more for phone service, and I had to purchase a backup battery which I will still need a tech to come install for I didn’t need one for my internet service.

I know complaining won’t help…we are just so many ants to Verizon. 

0 Likes
Re: conversion from wired to fiber nightmare
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dakota22,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes