fios digital voice app no longer working
geodesist1

I have the digital voice service on my home phone, and the android app always worked fine. I have the app installed on a phone and a tablet, and was able to get voice mails, see the call log, etc. . 

Starting a few days ago the app would say that I do not have digital voice.I reinstalled the app on my phone, same message. I tried it on the tablet, again the same message. I went to the web site and confirmed that I still have digital voice. 

A possibly related issue is that since I merged a business fios internet account with my home TV account, and ported a number over, I have never been able to make any changes using the web page. Whether phone or TV, I get an error message, and it says to call the business office. This happens when i try to order or change a TV box, and also when I tried to order home monitoring stuff. I have been on hold for hours waiting to talk to a rep, but always have to hangup before a live person answers due to having to leave my desk or office. This error message has been present for more than a year, but I have never been able to talk t someone live to get it resolved. The one or two times I did speak to somone, they transfer me somewhere else. 

0 Likes
Re: fios digital voice app no longer working
gallen4

I have the same problem, although it started a month or so ago when I updated my Android app. I gave Verizon some time to fix and just tried it again. But, no luck. I am a new FIOS customer, so the situation you have with your business account doesn't apply. And, it did work at one time. I suspect that not enough people have complained to Verizon for them to care.

0 Likes
ssedlmeyer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here.  My wife had been using the app on her Android handset for almost a year but it stopped working sometime in the last several days.  I installed on my phone yesterday and it also doesn't work.  Both phones say we don't have Digital Voice but website confirms we do.  Any chance of someone from Verizon looking into this?

0 Likes
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi ssedlmeyer,

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

Please contact our customer service team via email or live chat at:

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

Choose “Live Chat.”

If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

AnnieS

0 Likes
tkep1036

Anybody had any luck on this issue?  I'm obviously not the only one out there that's having the problem.  Verizon live chat/phone customer service has been clueless, and I stopped in at a verizon store last night to see if they could help.  The rep had never seen the issue before, and was unable to provide any assistance, even stating that he wouldn't even know where to start with a problem such as this.  His best suggestion was to try and contact the app developer.  Anybody else out there seen any resolution to this or am I stuck actually plugging my home phone back in and having to ignore the 5767583768694 "nonprofit" telemarketer calls I get daily?

0 Likes
TekiDad
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having this same issue which led me to find this thread.  I was not showing any messages in the Android App even though I had new messages.  Everthing else in the app seemed to be working.

I decided to check the Verizon website to see if my voice messages would show up there.  It turns out they were missing on the website as well.  I clicked the refresh link within the page and suddenly my messages appeared both on the site and within the mobile app.  I wonder if I could have simply clicked refresh within the app to resolve the problem.

I hope this helps others that are having the same experience.

0 Likes