general service
meg12309

Hi....We are thinking of switching over to FIOS and if some of you could give me an idea as to whether it would be a good idea or not, please, please, let me know. I've read som of the comments and am wary of changing....please help me decide!!! Thanks!!!

0 Likes
Re: general service
Poorfellow
Enthusiast - Level 3

@meg12309 wrote:

Hi....We are thinking of switching over to FIOS and if some of you could give me an idea as to whether it would be a good idea or not, please, please, let me know. I've read som of the comments and am wary of changing....please help me decide!!! Thanks!!!

Meg,

What service do you currently have?

If you only have Regular Telephone + DSL, FiOS service is an outstanding option.  The ONT (FiOS interface between Verizon and your home) provides a battery back-up, giving you the traditional reliability of a copper telephone line.

My personal preference for a residence would be to stick with a Freedom (or other traditional landline) plan, as that will continue to terminate your calls on the same reliable network.  To save money, there is also FiOS digital voice which routes calls via IP to the PSTN, rather than traditional switching.

I hope this helps -- FiOS is a no-brainer when it comes to television and internet.  I'm still a fan of copper for my landline, but that's not a deal breaker!

0 Likes