given same landline number as another user
Peach1957

I keep getting calls for H & R Block at my local location.  The landline number I was given when I switched to Verizon for the Internet is {edited for privacy}, when I switched in June 2017.  I told the callers who called for H & R. Block that they had the wrong number, but one day when I looked up H & R Block, one of the locations has the exact same phone number as my landline number.  Am I on a party line?  Do party lines still exist in this day and age?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: given same landline number as another user
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nope they don't give party lines to business and residential(or are you a business?).  In fact not many party lines any more.  Possibly they just told you the wrong number, do you get calls?  Try calling one of the anac numbers such as MCI's 1-800-444-4444 and see if it gives you another number.

Possible the local number is no longer used by that H&R Block office and you got it.  Possible a real screw up and one of you will have unreliable or non-existant service.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nope they don't give party lines to business and residential(or are you a business?).  In fact not many party lines any more.  Possibly they just told you the wrong number, do you get calls?  Try calling one of the anac numbers such as MCI's 1-800-444-4444 and see if it gives you another number.

Possible the local number is no longer used by that H&R Block office and you got it.  Possible a real screw up and one of you will have unreliable or non-existant service.

0 Likes
Peach1957

I called that number and my phone rang.  I think you are right that the number listed for H & R Block is no longer used and they issued me that number.  I guess I will continue to tell my callers who meant to call H & R Block that they had the wrong number.  I once called a number that once belonged to a neighbor and got a business instead, so of course, my neighbor got a new number.

0 Likes