Re: how do I block calls with Anonymous or Private or Unavailable as the caller ID phone number
gerasimus
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi.. Just thought I'd suggest the "DO NOT DISTURB" feature with digital voice from Verizon. I recently browsed through my features and found that I can limit AND edit the calls coming in at certain times and intervals. I can block out everyone OR let a list of known numbers (family, friends, etc.) to go through. So, for dinner time, you can set it weekly, daily or monthly between the hours you need.

I hope this helps.

Re: how do I block calls with Anonymous or Private or Unavailable as the caller ID phone number
peggylou2

I have been receiving the same robo calls over and over , how do i stop them? peggylou

0 Likes
lemick
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm intertested in this same subject.  In this technical world it seems it would be an easy task for someone with a few technical smarts to develope a program that would enable one to block all such calls; unavailable, unknown number, phony number,etc.

Maybe this is asking too too much of the Verizon group!!!  

Ever since I switched to Verizon digital I'm barraged with such calls.  My next move is to disable my Verizon line and go completely to T Mobile wireless with which I do not have this problem.

poneal0121

Anthony_VZ

Please provide me with the alternative that you sent to the other person.

0 Likes
Alby2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Step 1:  Get a Google Voice Number

Step 2:  Forward your home phone to your Google Voice Number

Step 3:  Set settings to filter all calls, even the anonymous ones. (ie: Tag Unknown calls as spam)

Step 4:  Forward those calls which pass muster to your Cellfone or another number.

Net Result:  Weed out the bill collectors, solictors, ex's, etc...

DonaldTrump1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Tony, 

I'm glad you were able to assist the previous poster.  However, many of us have the same problem also.  I am one of those people.  

Could you either private email me, or in the alternative, post your solution here?  On another note, as you know, Verizon gives us the ability to individually block 10 phone numbers.  I've got 8 slots already filled.  Is there any way to add more than the 10 numbers?

(My main issue though, is the telemarketers who refuse to use the "Do Not Call" list, and somehow obsure their numbers - but are able to get through the Anonymous Block.  Please advise how to stop THOSE calls.)

Thanks!

0 Likes
DonaldTrump1
Enthusiast - Level 2

After reading all the previous replies to this issue as well as your own, I think I agree with you.

Cable/Fiber TV is getting too costly, so people are switching to Internet only video for their entertainment - like Netflix or Amazon Prime.  Landline phones were getting too costly, so people switched to Digital.

Now, despite the government's "Do Not Call" list, we're all getting calls we don't want.  I had this issue with my ATT cell phone, and Apple (of all people) came to my aid with iOS 7 where I can block ANY call.  Previously, ATT wanted $4.99 A MONTH for me to block calls! 

So now I’m also considering going to cell phone only.  So many younger people do already.  The phone companies are forcing us, since they provide such POOR service.

Another alternative is Google Voice.  I’ve begun to give that number out to anyone who asks for my number.  The service is FREE, Google forwards calls to ANY or ALL of my phones – depending on the settings I’ve chosen for that individual number. 

But the BEST THING is this: if I get harassing calls from ANY number, I can select that number, and have Google return a “number not in service” message.  Once the robo callers get this message, they usually delete the number, since they don’t want to waste time calling dead numbers.  You can sign up at www.google.com/voice

0 Likes
DonaldTrump1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm beginning to think Anthony_VZ is dead, or doesn’t work for Verizon anymore, and that Verizon doesn’t have any other employees monitoring this posting board.

Anthony_VZ first replied on 4/28/2011, and it seems that it's the LAST time a Verizon employee has responded to this issue.

It's sad to see a company rest on its laurels, and think they don't need to service the customers who are paying their wages and contributing to the value of the company stock.

ACT QUICKLY VERIZON!  The time is nigh, and companies like Google are breathing down your proverbial necks with solutions that don't cost anyone any money!  Google Voice is becoming more popular than ever, and places like Kansas City are enjoying the benefits of FREE 5 Mbps Internet or speeds of 1,000 Mbps that blow FiOS out of the water for $70 a month. 

Your poor service will drive existing customers away, and as your Sales Department knows, it’s easier to KEEP existing customers than to sign up new ones to replace the ones that you’ve lost to poor service!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello DonaldTrump,

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly at Contact Us.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Someone posted something on another post recently called

http://www.nomorobo.com

Now I'm not sure if it will help with Anon or Private but I set this up and it's already helped with a few calls that have come it.

Jim

0 Likes