Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

how to turn off the smart call thingamajig (where a caller is prompted to identify then hit #)

Crucible
Contributor
Contributor

how to turn off the smart call thingamajig (where a caller is prompted to identify then hit #)

Message 1 of 2
(390 Views)

is this an added feature that I am paying for?  i find no determination of that.

also, how to disable this????  What it is is the system asking any caller to my number to identify himself, then hit pound.   

this is embarrassing to the say the least, and appears so pompous.  with FIOS service for about 3 months, this feature was NOT running, then one day, without my knowledge, just was.  I might be missing something, but I checked all communications from Verizon and can't find info on this "smart call screen" feature, or whatever its called.

1 REPLY 1
Edg1
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: how to turn off the smart call thingamajig (where a caller is prompted to identify then hit #)

Message 2 of 2
(381 Views)

That is a feature in your phone. Not from Verizon. Refer to your phones instructions or call their support. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.