incoming spam calls are constant, on my new number
seemore-domore

Hi there. Here's a recoup of my request to the online FIOS attendent which is just a machine evidently. 

Hi, I got a new FIOS phone number added to my existing account/internet connection.
I have been inundated by spam called, robo calls, constantly.
I only got one actual person who made a valid incoming call to me, since I opened the new line/servive.
Everything else, spam. What to do? I block one ID's called but it calles from multiple other different numbers,
so the block call thing is very limited relief, if any.

=

Verizon Residential Start AgainClose Ask Verizon
Ask Verizon:Hi! I'm a Virtual Agent offering instant support. Please ask me a question in the box below, or check out one of our popular questions from our list to the right.
Hi, I got a new FIOS phone number added to my existing account/internet connection. I have been inundated by spam called, robo calls, constantly. I only got one actual person who made a valid incoming call to me, since I opened the new line/servive. Everything else, spam. What to do? I block one ID's called but it calles from multiple other different numbers, so the block call thing is very limited relief, if any.
Ask Verizon:I am designed to answer questions one sentence at a time. Please try rephrasing your question in one concise sentence.
All my incoming calls are spam.
Ask Verizon:
I don't seem to have an exact match for your question. Would you please rephrase?

telemarketing calls are coming in constantly
Ask Verizon:
I don't seem to have an exact match for your question. Would you please rephrase?

spam phone callers
Ask Verizon:
This information does not appear to be in my knowledge base, though I am learning all the time. I'm sorry I couldn't help you.

For more help please see our Contact Us page for more support options.

0 Likes
Re: incoming spam calls are constant, on my new number
seemore-domore

PS - just replying to my own post here --

but...    they have assigned to me here, a very bizarre "Avatar" face, as well. 

Looks like a green sceaming monster.

Whats with that? Nothing that I chose. 

Not very business-like. 

0 Likes
SLH4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think we all are going to be dealing with this from now on.  With the ability of sophiticated computers around the world that can place robocalls - literrally by the millions - the old "DO NOT CALL REGISTRY" is no longer going to be a help.  There is no way to stop them.  Their computers just continue to go through to the next numbers - this can happen at top speeds and our attempts to block calls no longer will work.  I think we are seeing the ultimate demise of land lines. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

One thing that helps is to use NoMoRobo ( http://nomorobo.com ) .  Go to their site and they have instructions on how to set up.  It is free for Residential Land Lines.  Verizon even has a pointer to them from the FIOSTelephone support page. https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/consumer-education/robocalls/nomorobo.htm

MH_patriotic

It's not just land lines. They call cell numbers and Verizon so far has refused to add NoMoRobo to cell numbers. And, it's not just spammers sending unsolicited SMS texts. I get texts from local businesses.
I agree with another poster that Verizon has little interest in blocking this annoyance to its residential customers.  We've gotten robo calls from "Credit Card Services" for more than a year now. This spammer uses mutlible facked caller ID. Too often NoMoRobo will intercept and block a call say marked Brunswick MI and almost immediately our phone rings with our area code and local prefix. Once I even got a spam call from myself!!  I must believe it could be done with minor hardware changes. I've heard the hangup is Verizon, is still using older equipment never designed to monitor upstream calling, so they claim they can't determine when the number is spoofed.  I'll bet if a couple million Verizon users called and threaten to switch to Comcast, that old equipment would be gone soon!

0 Likes
AlphaB
Contributor - Level 1

Received this email from FIOS this am....

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Cell phones are supported for a fee by nomorobo.  They have an apple app out now and an Android app in Beta.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tns2 wrote:

Cell phones are supported for a fee by nomorobo.  They have an apple app out now and an Android app in Beta.

The Android app is now out as well.

0 Likes