international calls
Gothamite
I recently joined FIOS and so far everything has been as expected. I was however dismayed to find that international, calling specifically to the UK , while free is only free to other landlines. I was told when I inquired that calling a cell phone will incur a per minute charge. This is very disappointing as there is a diminishing number of landlines in use in the UK and most people seem to use cell phones for their telephone services. What this means is that the international calling aspect of your promotions is in fact a very limited option. Will this ever change?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: international calls
NY7P
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unlike the US, where a Wireless customer pays for airtime inbound, and outbound. Something that most individuals are not aware of with the billing shift to unlimted calling. In Europe, to include the UK, the calling party to a Wireless line pays for air time, not the Wireless customer. Wireless customers only pay for outbound wireless calls.

The surcharge you make mentio of exists in almost all European Wireless market areas. Your best alternative is to use WiFi or 4G Wireless data connections and a calling App such as WhatApp, or some other equal calling via Internat App.

View solution in original post

Re: international calls
NY7P
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unlike the US, where a Wireless customer pays for airtime inbound, and outbound. Something that most individuals are not aware of with the billing shift to unlimted calling. In Europe, to include the UK, the calling party to a Wireless line pays for air time, not the Wireless customer. Wireless customers only pay for outbound wireless calls.

The surcharge you make mentio of exists in almost all European Wireless market areas. Your best alternative is to use WiFi or 4G Wireless data connections and a calling App such as WhatApp, or some other equal calling via Internat App.