land phone dial tone lost for 8 hours per day at same time
ebediyet

For 2 weeks now, I lose my dial tone approximately 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. every day and intermet and then dial tone comes back on approximately 5:15 p.m. every day.  Verizon came out and checked outside box and said it is not their problem, the box is working fine, must be something with my wiring.  The same thing happened 2 years ago and Verizon fixed something on telephone wires down the block and everything was fixed.  How can it be problem with inside wiring if I only lose dial tone for approximately 8 hours every day.  Seems like it is something with maybe a switching station, something that they switch every day (maybe high volume time period), but my phone gets left behind.  One Verizon guy on the phone said he could see it was a problem with their network and it was fixed for one day.  Since then when I have called back, they keep telling me Verizon has to come into my home as there is a problem with inside wiring and cannot give me time period other than either 8 a.m. to 12 noon or 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. for them to show up.  Anyone have a problem like this?

0 Likes
Re: land phone dial tone lost for 8 hours per day at same time
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes