landline does not work
about2cancelvz

We have had continual problems with our landline since we moved here.  A year ago a technician from Verizon told us he would put a service ticket in for the underground crew to come out and put in a new line since they could not find the problem above ground.  No one ever came out & when we contacted verizon we were told that the ticket was closed out. Well since verizon only cares about the FIOS customers, no one will come out and solve our  problem.  We have old technology and now we have no working landline.  For most people with cell phones, not a big deal, but we have a brother in Afghanistan right now and a son in the Marines who could be deployed @ any time.  Our landline is their emergency number.  It is important to us.  I contacted them again today online as no one picked up while I was on hold for 40 minutes. The soonest we could get a tech out here is next Friday.  I'm sure we will be given the same runaround and nothing will be fixed.  If that happens, I will just cancel our landline and contact everyone we can by cellphone to alert them.  I am really tired of not having a satisfactory answer.  There is not even a way to contact anyone from verizon by email and calling the customer service number is a joke.  I don't intend to waste any more of my life on hold to explain a problem that has been going on for ages.  This is really a last ditch effort and quite frankly verizons last chance. 

0 Likes
Re: landline does not work
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: landline does not work
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

about2cancelvz,

We'll be closing your private case thread for the time being since we have yet to hear back from you.

Please reach out to us if you still require assistance by replying in this thread.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes