messed up voice mail
meltee

Often when the line is busy there is an announcement to "press star and enter your mailbox number, otherwise hang up and redial the number you have dialed. "   This is utterly ridiculous, it does not allow anyone to leave a voice mail message.  I tried to actually contact verizon to report this problem, but it is totally impossible to actually get in contact with there so called support service through the website.  

0 Likes
Re: messed up voice mail
VZ_Kevin
Contributor - Level 2

Sounds like the forwarding is set up but there's no actual mailbox for your number. Has this worked before? What's the voicemail access number you're using? I can check the switch for your number - PM me if you'd like.

0 Likes
susrev
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for the inconvenience.  Sometimes if the voice mail 'link' goes down, information about the call (number called, whether it was on a busy or no answer condition) does not reach the voice mail system so it will know which mailbox should receive the call.  So the system prompts the caller to use * to reach your own mailbox or to re-enter the number of the person you were calling.  Then the system can deposit the call into the proper mailbox.  This should not be a frequent problem.    If this is happening on a regular basis, you can either call Repair or submit a repair ticket from the web under 'Support > Request Repair on the red tool bar.

@meltee wrote:

Often when the line is busy there is an announcement to "press star and enter your mailbox number, otherwise hang up and redial the number you have dialed. "   This is utterly ridiculous, it does not allow anyone to leave a voice mail message.  I tried to actually contact verizon to report this problem, but it is totally impossible to actually get in contact with there so called support service through the website.  

0 Likes
crittermae1

my vioce mail has just started to do the very same thing as discribed.how do i fix it

0 Likes
jerrylevy1

Just got my message set up but it still won't switch over after the specified number of rings.

0 Likes
Tracie_IE

I have a distinct ring on my phone (a sort of 2nd line for those not familiar, without a physical 2nd line) and this is happening to my distinct ring voice mail only. It used to work up until like a few weeks ago. Not really sure when b/c I had to have someone tell me b/c I don't ever call myself. It's my business line so any "new" customers would just hang up and not bother calling back.

Anyway, I have spoken to three people at Verizon so far. No one seems to be able to fix it. The last person I talked to said that everything looks like it's set up properly in the "system" so he was confused and would submit a ticket for it? He said it should be fixed within 48 hours. It's been that and I haven't heard anything. Just like the first woman who told me she was personally going to fix the problem and would call me back. Never did. That's why I had to make 2 more phone calls.

It's really upsetting me to think how much business I might be losing due to this problem.

0 Likes