my phone says I have voice mail when I don't
nothappythusfar

my phone says I have voice mail (with the tone stutter (some call it warbling)) when I don't. I am forced to call in to check whether or not I have messages each time I want to know.   This happened ever since I was forced from verizon copper to fios a week or so ago. Verizon has rebooted my phone and reset my voicemail with no luck. Now what ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: my phone says I have voice mail when I don't
jonjones1
Legend

@nothappythusfar wrote:

my phone says I have voice mail (with the tone stutter (some call it warbling)) when I don't. I am forced to call in to check whether or not I have messages each time I want to know.   This happened ever since I was forced from verizon copper to fios a week or so ago. Verizon has rebooted my phone and reset my voicemail with no luck. Now what ?

You could call verizon and have them do a master clear to see if that voicemail indicator is off. Sometimes voicemails are generated without actually being voice mail via your phone. I noticed that sometimes on my phone it alerts me to such and yet no call. I don’t use verizon home phone but it must happen on other providers . 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: my phone says I have voice mail when I don't
jonjones1
Legend

@nothappythusfar wrote:

You could call verizon and have them do a master clear to see if that voicemail indicator is off. Sometimes voicemails are generated without actually being voice mail via your phone. I noticed that sometimes on my phone it alerts me to such and yet no call. I don’t use verizon home phone but it must happen on other providers . 

0 Likes