no dial tone; Verizon Network Test in Progress (forever)
will2pwr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have dsl/internate connection but no dial tone.

I visited 

https://www.verizon.com/ForYourHome/VZRepair/vziha/Service.aspx?ihaweb=WebNoDialTone

and run the test. The progress bar cycles for a while and then disappears but the message

Verizon Network Test in Progress
Please wait while we look for potential issues with the verizon network. 

(This test can take several minutes to complete)

remains for 1/2 hr or so (more than 3 or 4 minutes)

I click the in home agent link and it recycles forever.

I can't ge to the schedule appt or create ticket until the test completes.  (so, never).

I'm hoping verizon is reading this and will contact me. Please.

Equipment IssuesSchedule AppointmentCreate Ticket

Verizon Network Test in Progress
Please wait while we look for potential issues with the verizon network. 

(This test can take several minutes to complete)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: no dial tone; Verizon Network Test in Progress (forever)
will2pwr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply. I started by chatting but when they found out it was a landline problem they sent me to the page that starts with testing your line remotely. That test never completed.

I couldn't call in because my phone didn't work.

I couldn't get a repair ticket because you had to complete the online test first.

I eventually started another chat and the person I chatted with agreed to call for me and create a repair ticket. They found out there was trouble in the area and it wasn't just my line.

A perfect end to the story: a couple days later I got a phone call from Verizon telling me my line was working. Then I got an email asking me to fill out a survey. I clicked on the response and it took me to an invalid URL.

So it goes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello will2pwr,

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly using the Support Page or Contact Us.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

If you have a NID (Network Interface Device) open it up and plug a working phone in the test port. If you do not have dial tone contact Verizon repair to send out a technician.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your connection is dropping the test results will not return. You'll have to call in.

0 Likes
will2pwr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply. I started by chatting but when they found out it was a landline problem they sent me to the page that starts with testing your line remotely. That test never completed.

I couldn't call in because my phone didn't work.

I couldn't get a repair ticket because you had to complete the online test first.

I eventually started another chat and the person I chatted with agreed to call for me and create a repair ticket. They found out there was trouble in the area and it wasn't just my line.

A perfect end to the story: a couple days later I got a phone call from Verizon telling me my line was working. Then I got an email asking me to fill out a survey. I clicked on the response and it took me to an invalid URL.

So it goes.

0 Likes
will2pwr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply. I was having trouble contacting Verizon.

0 Likes
will2pwr
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone was out of order. I couldn't call in.

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

verizon push yout to   Fios, they do not want to fix it

0 Likes