no dial tone
tma11

I have a DSL line for phone and internet.   I have no dial tone on phone...just a loud buzzing sound.   My internet service comes and goes.   I've tried disconnecting everything several times with no luck on the phone service and soometimes temporarily restoring internet service.

I have tried the Verizon troubleshooting web page, which supposedly tests the line, but it seems to go into never-never land and eventually times out.  Unfortunately, I seem to have to complete this test before I can file a trouble ticket.  So, I'm in catch 22 situation.    How can I place a trouble request given I don't have a working phone and Verizon's internet trouble shooting options don't seem to be working for me?

0 Likes
Re: no dial tone
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: no dial tone
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello tma1,

Glad you were able to get a tech sent out and the issue resloved. Please let us know in a new public post if you ever need help with anything else.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes