no phone
stilg05
  my phone line sounds like it is off the hook or someone is on the other end.  If some calls me they get a busy signal.  What can I do?
0 Likes
Re: no phone
colech00

I am experiencing the same problem.   This is not the first time.  It happened several weeks ago.  I reported the problem and night 

before the technician was to come, the phones magically worked again.  I don't know if the office did anything or not.  I was never

I was not notified what caused the problem.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Sounds like you have a short circuit. Go to the NID outside your house and plug a working phone in there. If you get dial tone the trouble is inside the house. If you don't call Verizon repair.
0 Likes
colech00

A repair man was here yesterday.  Although my phone line had begun working again and was working at the time of his arrival, he did

take a look at the system.  He rewired somethings in the box and disconnected my alarm system that was no longer in service. The

phones were still working when he left.  About one hour or two later the phones were out again.

This morning I did as you suggested.  There were two lines.  Line two gave me the same result as all of the jacks inside.  Line one had

a dial tone. It seems none of the jacks in my house are connected to line one, because they all have no dial tone. 

0 Likes
cmayes1953
I no exactly what you all are talking about , mine done the same thing for months but I thought it was my phones so got new ones, after fighting with repair for about 3 weeks I finially got it fixed after missing 2 days of work and being treated very bad, repair at least they showed up the first time they called me and since the phone was working then they did not need to come out , I tryed to explaine that when it rains or gets damp it would go out again but they did not care, made appointments with me, and time and when they did not show when said I would call and of course I was mistaken or or not told that but I am not that old yet, well this could go on and on but today I finially reported the way I was treated, and of course got disconected some how got some one in repair and then got another nice lady that heped a whole lot, and made me feel a whole lot better, wish i could remember her name. but I really think they need to do some house cleaning in repair and show them how to treeat customers, and not lie to them, thanks again lady who help me today and listened to me
0 Likes