no vmail indication on the phone

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 1 of 24
(10,823 Views)

When I was on digital Comcast if someone left a vmail the light would blink on the phone indicating we had a message.  With Verizon  FIOS this does not seem to work - why?

How are you supposed to know when you have vmail?

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: no vmail indication on the phone

Message 2 of 24
(10,785 Views)
With Verizon, the way to know that you have a voice mail is a stutter dialtone when you pick up the phone.  Also they offer visual message waiting indicator, I am not sure if its an extra charge, but it is available.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 24
(10,747 Views)
Thankyou for the reply - do you now what steps I need to take to see how to gain access to this visual message waiting indicator?
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 24
(10,627 Views)

I have the opposite problem! We switched from Comcast to Verizon and now our light will not stop blinking. Any thoughts?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 24
(10,584 Views)
DITTO HERE BECKEE, IF U GET A FIX LEMME KNOW
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 24
(10,357 Views)
My voice mail indicator light was not blinking too, you have to call Verizon Billing and ask them to add it on, i just called and they did it for me.
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 7 of 24
(10,261 Views)

Similar problem here.  With comcast my panasonic phone used to display "new voicemail message" on the display screen whenever I had a new message.  This does not seem to work with FiOS.  I've called support twice and they have been no help.  They state that if I have a voicemail and I pick up the phone and receive the "stuttered" dial tone, then everything is set up correctly on their end.

I haven't changed any settings on my phone since I got this new service.  Any thoughts?  It's a real pain to have to pick up the phone and listen to the dial tone every time I want to see if I have voicemail.

FYI, I have a panasonic KX-TG1033.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 8 of 24
(10,231 Views)

@nmilot wrote:

Similar problem here.  With comcast my panasonic phone used to display "new voicemail message" on the display screen whenever I had a new message.  This does not seem to work with FiOS.  I've called support twice and they have been no help.  They state that if I have a voicemail and I pick up the phone and receive the "stuttered" dial tone, then everything is set up correctly on their end.

I haven't changed any settings on my phone since I got this new service.  Any thoughts?  It's a real pain to have to pick up the phone and listen to the dial tone every time I want to see if I have voicemail.

FYI, I have a panasonic KX-TG1033.

Thanks.

I just called the Verizon phone billing line (for So Cal - 800-483-4000) this afternoon, and within an hour I had visual voicemail indicators on both lines (one POTS on FIOS, and one POTS on Copper). 

Message Edited by Carl on 01-23-2009 09:46 PM
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 9 of 24
(10,220 Views)
They didn't give you a hard time?  I've called twice, but they assure me that everything is set up correctly on their end.  I know I haven't changed a thing on my end since I've had comcast.
Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 10 of 24
(10,213 Views)

@nmilot wrote:
They didn't give you a hard time?  I've called twice, but they assure me that everything is set up correctly on their end.  I know I haven't changed a thing on my end since I've had comcast.

Not at all. The guy I spoke was at first unsure about what I was asking for and I did have to tell him that I had phones with voicemial indicator lights. He put me on hold for a minute or so to check. Once he came back, it took a couple of minutes for each line, and he told me to wait for an hour or so. I went to play a round of golf, and upon my return the lights were a blazin'. 

The only "lssue" was that the CSR told me I didn't have voicemail on my main line (FiOS). I had to tell him that I do. 

Message Edited by Carl on 01-24-2009 07:55 AM
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.