noise on residential land line - due to rain?
getsomehelphere

Booo to Verizon.  Horrible noise on the land line started after the rain.  The best they can do for an appointment is January 27th.  Seems rediculous to me.  Anyone else have the same problem right now?

0 Likes
Re: noise on residential land line - due to rain?
SharonL1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Phone has been out since December 23, 2010 !!

Verizon refuses to service us til January 6th at 8:00pm?
Meaning they probably won't be coming out.

I'm deaf and I think this is the worse service to a customer
I've ever seen EVER!  I'm 63 and this is horrible

I'm looking into Time Warner Digital Service !!

0 Likes
SharonL1
Enthusiast - Level 2

VERIZON.... CAN YOU DO BETTER TO CLEAR THIS UP??

We're NOT paying for Lost service for 3 weeks !

mmar1

I, too, had loud noise that came w/ the rains in Calif., starting 18 DEC 2010. I also had sporadic caller ID failure, sporadic lack of dial tone, sporadic no answer, sporadic not able to hear incoming calls &/or receive messages. I also had incredibly frustrating and poor customer service due to the automatic, non human responses and prompts. I was able to get a service call for 5 JAN 2011 (over 2 weeks wait from report date) moved to 31 DEC 2010 by a human with a brain that I must have reached by accident. Funnily enough, the noise was NOT there when I reached a human in two instances, although the human with a brain heard it loud and clear when this human called me back. (The first human seemed to be helpful and polite but transferred me to the original starting message with "Julie" where I had to start all over.)

Today, the day of the service call and several days w/o rain, the noise is less, I can call out - at least to my sister and my cell, and have received a message from my cell phone. I CANNOT get a ring when I dial the 1.800.837.4699 - help number for repair to find out what time a technician is scheduled. I don't get a ring with the 611 number either; just the little number tones and dead air in both cases. P.S., the noise is still there, although not as shrill.

While I was away for a week over Christmas, not one call recorded on any of my caller IDs like they usually do. I can't believe not one telemarketer called during that time although most my friends knew I was away.

My next issue is that to post this I had to sign an agreement that appears to allow Verizon to use anything I post out of context if they so desire.

I have read @ wsjonline that this "global telecommunications" company paid the CEO total compensation of $17.5 million in 2009. While this is down from over $20 million in 2008 due to stock performance, I wonder why product/service performance does not apply to this compensation formula; just stock sales performance. While stock sales are down, I'm afraid it has nothing to do with residential customer satisfaction, but merely technology.

Do you think anyone from Verizon reads these posts?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@mmar wrote:

Do you think anyone from Verizon reads these posts?

Yes. But this is a peer to peer support community, where customers help customers. Verizon does monitor these posts and does jump in to help from time to time, but the quickest way to sopport is the contact us link at the bottome of this page. Yes customer service could always be better with any company.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
Koffee

Good luck.  Not sure that you can count on Jan 27, though.  Same problem here.  Made service request on Dec 19.  Was given appointment on Dec 30, anytime from 8am to 8pm.  No one showed up, no one called.  Complete chaos at Verizon when I called.  Got numerous stories, ranging from "no ticket found," to "problem being addressed right now at the central office," to "technician is probably on his way," to "I am totally helpless."  One person did offer me a $25 credit in addition to the credit for 12 days of no service (so far), so you might ask for that.  Am now being told that it will be Dec 31, but we'll see.  Verizon's egregiously bad service is really eye-opening.  It's quite a public-safety problem.

0 Likes
Koffee

Update: Day two, again no one came, no one called.  So that's two missed appointments in a row.  It's hard not to feel sorry for the Verizon employees handling the phone calls.  This morning, Vicki couldn't explain why two appointments were missed and she wouldn't even give out another date for an appointment.  All she did was say that she would bring it to the attention of her "escalation team."   Good luck to anyone with January "appointments."

0 Likes
Koffee

Conculsion:

Day four.  Technician came and fixed the problem (shorted wire) in about 15 minutes.

0 Likes
SharonL1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Conculsion:

Day four.  Technician came and fixed the problem (shorted wire) in about 15 minutes

Wow ! That's a miracle !  What day did you call Verizon for the repair?

Mine has been since Dec 23rd and nothing yet !! I mean nothing !!

Sharon in Southern California

0 Likes
SharonL1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today is January 3rd.  No Phone service since December 23rd !!
No Repairs Nothing !

Think its time for a new lan line phone company service!!

Any suggestions?

Sharon in Southern California

0 Likes