on-screen caller id stopped working
joehockey
Enthusiast - Level 2

so I had this feature working for a short time then it stopped at some point.  Went through tech support twice, first time they had no idea, second time they made me replace the router (even though it had been replaced a week earlier for another issue).  Long story short, still no on-screen caller id and I really don't want to sit on the phone with tech support for another 2 hours.  Anyone have any suggestions?  All STBs say the feature is available and enabled but none work.

Bear, DE

fios/digital voice

Re: on-screen caller id stopped working
joehockey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, can anyone explain to me what the router would have to do with the on-screen caller id feature?  All the tech support guy could tell me was some vauge "data path problem" which he clearly didn't understand either.

0 Likes
kprophit

My on-screen caller id has also stopped working. It was working before and I haven'r found any problem to why it has quit. It says it has been enabled. Seems like it might be a common problem!

0 Likes
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

If anyone is still experiencing this issue please send me a pm with your Fios phone number and I will do some troubleshooting on my end. Thanks

James9160
Enthusiast - Level 1

Customer service scheduled an upgrade on bundled service 07/12 which took effect 7/13; contacted  tech support via landline because new channel features had not taken effect - set top box reset - now caller id does not appear on screen although it is enabled according to screen menu information; please review and advise.  Thanks in advance. {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
James9160
Enthusiast - Level 1

Live Chat Customer Support immediately fixed this problem in a matter of minutes by remotely reviewing and resetting tv set box.  Caller ID working fine.  Thank you... Excellent job well done 07/15/2010  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
lamadrid222

My  caller id worked for a few weeks but not anymore. I restarted the box, tried disable then enable again.

I have the triple play. My # is {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
CharlieG2

Same thing happened to me.  I have FiOS triple play. My home phone number is {edited for privacy}  I tried disabling, then re-enable, but that did not work.  I am hesitant to contact tech support.  My wife keeps asking, "I really miss the caller id on TV".

Caller ID is working on my phones.  It's just not showing up on the TVs with 2 Set Top Boxes (STB)s  that used to display caller ID. 

A question:  Is Verizon Call Assistant (VCA) necessary to be running on my pc for on-screen caller id to operate ?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@CharlieG wrote:

Same thing happened to me.  I have FiOS triple play. My home phone number is {edited for privacy}  I tried disabling, then re-enable, but that did not work.  I am hesitant to contact tech support.  My wife keeps asking, "I really miss the caller id on TV".

Caller ID is working on my phones.  It's just not showing up on the TVs with 2 Set Top Boxes (STB)s  that used to display caller ID. 

A question:  Is Verizon Call Assistant (VCA) necessary to be running on my pc for on-screen caller id to operate ?

It is definitely not necessary for VCA to be running on a PC for Caller ID to work on the TV, I have completely quit using VCA once I got Caller ID on the TV.

I have had Caller ID working on my TV for 12 months now. Generally works flawlessly, but on two occasions it has quit working, and on one, for a few days, the display was behind the actual call (that is, the phone would ring several times before the display popped up, usually it is the other way around). Anyway, both times that it has quit, I have been able to get it working myself by:

1) In the TV Menu, disable and then re-enable Caller ID.

2) Reboot the STB (remove power, wait 10-15 seconds, and plug it back in, or use the reboot function in the Customer Service area of the Menu).

3) Reboot the router.

Unfortunately it has been 3 or 4 months (or more) since I had to do this, and I am not absolutely sure any more of the sequence I have listed above - I may have disabled, rebooted, and enabled in the TV Menu, or disabled, enabled, and rebooted. And since it is working now, I can't prove the sequence one way or the other Smiley Very Happy I also seem to remember that once I had to do the complete sequence above twice before it worked.

One thing I would do once you have done the above, is to go into the TV Menu and under settings check that the TV shows it is online, and then I would log into the router and verify that there is an entry in the network devices for the STB(s) you want Caller ID on.

If in fact you get it working, please be sure to come back here and tell us EXACTLY the procedure you used, it is bound to help others (including me the next time it quits!) who experience the same problem.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Aus2
Enthusiast - Level 1
Mine stopped working several months ago. The following sequence restored it for me:

1) Disable Caller Id
2) Reboot STB via menu
3) Enable Caller Id

Started working again. Didn't need to reboot router.