pager call
jone

hello,

this my first time here.i hope i am posting at the right place.I had this feature on my home phone service with verizon and i was wondering if it still exist for i cannot find any info on the subject.

It was called " pager call",if someone phoned and it went straight to voice mail.i would get a call on my pager telling me to check my messages.

about 3 yrs ago i closed my account with the pager company and i was now thinking of getting a new pager service. i cannot check this feature with the pager itself  for it is not activated at the moment.

Does anyone know what i am talking about?on all search i did on the subject on verizon i cannot find anything about that feature.Could they just have cancelled this feature and not tell me about it?

thanks for your help on this.

Jone

0 Likes
Re: pager call
admkshr
Enthusiast - Level 2
I think I remember something like that as well, a long time ago. But more than likely it is not around anymore as hardly anyone uses pagers anymore.
0 Likes
Re: pager call
admkshr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Upon further investigation there is a feature on the Verizon HVM main  menu for "special delivery notification". Here is how I got to it:

From the main mailbox menu, press 9 for "mailbox options".

Then press 3 "to control the way you are notified when you receive a new message".

Press 1 for "special delivery notification".

You can then enter a telephone number which will be called when you receive a voicemail message, and you can set up additional options as to when you want to be called, only notify of certain messages, turn notification on or off, etc.

The only problem I can see in your situation is that while it would call your pager number I don't think it would actually input any information into the pager.

Also there may be an additional charge by Verizon to use this part of the HVM so check in advance to be sure.

Message Edited by admkshr on 08-04-2009 09:05 AM
0 Likes