Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

phone is auto dialing?

df
Contributor
Contributor

phone is auto dialing?

Message 1 of 5
(921 Views)

I was actually checking my bill recently. The price hadn't changed but when I looked at it online, I found a section called "FIOS Digital Voice Calls" and it has 3 pages of hundreds of calls my phone has made from every few minutes to once a day to various numbers, but especially to one number in a local city near me. These are made daily, at all times of day, on days when no one is home and when we are home. Some of these calls have a  dash "-" under the plan and some have "Fios Voice Unlimited Plan". 

I can guarantee that we are not that popular of a family that we are making this many calls when we are at home and if my dogs and guinea pigs have somehow learned to make phone calls, well, I can stop working now and call in the media! I tried to look up a couple of the numbers but no luck. Since I HATE political and money grubbing calls as much as the next person, I rarely answer the phone unless I know who it is. I'd hate to think someone is using us as a ring thru to make atrocious calls.

Should I just deal with Verizon, go over their heads and ask for help from someone else - police, FTC- who deals with this? And how do I print this out? I only got a spot view by doing a "print page". It seems like this is a secret section on your bill.

4 REPLIES 4
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Re: phone is auto dialing?

Message 2 of 5
(916 Views)

You could contact Verizon first through this page, and see what they suggest:

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

tns
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 3 of 5
(843 Views)

Did you check out any numbers.  Do you have anything like a home alarm, etc.  installed that might place calls?

Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 5
(828 Views)

the online call manager holds only 99 calls at a time, the last 99 calls made.

run some of the numbers at www.tnid.us and see where the numbers are and who owns them.   

i have heard of the ont auto dialing 411 and 911 but not full 7 and ten digit numbers. 

Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 5 of 5
(822 Views)

Some folks have found that sometimes bad wiring in your home can cause a short that makes the ONT think you're dialing a number. Just something to keep in mind if it isn't a device in your house making periodic phone calls out such as a Satellite Receiver or Security System.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.