phone not being fix untill a month from now
gtrunner
my phone/internet cut out, called verizon, they said that it will take them a month for some one to come and fix it.  i stated that i was a student online classes and need intrenet access.  Is there a place were i can file a complaint to the company ? can i contact the FCC? or my city gov. because verizon almost holds a monopoly over my city, this is the second time this has happen and i really cant change companies.  
0 Likes
Re: phone not being fix untill a month from now
davidh
SOP for Verizon. They are more interested in collecting money than actual CUSTOMER SERVICE. this totally escapes Verizon. The idea of CUSTOMER SERVICE is UNKNOWN to Verizon
0 Likes
davidh

On 1 June my service was supposed be transferred. Technician came by. Turned on service. 2hours later no service. Called Verizon, got a run around. Tuesday 5:30p technician calls. "I'm on my way". 9pm still no show. 3 June 11am I am told a technician will TRY to come by my house on 4 June.

Got fed up and have told Verizon{please keep your posts courteous} . As much as I hate Comcast I will give them my business. They said they will have me hooked up with TV, Internet, Phone within 4hours.

Verizon has a lost a very loyal and long long time customer. {please keep your posts courteous}

Message Edited by KaLin on 06-03-2009 11:31 AM
Message Edited by ElizabethS on 06-03-2009 02:08 PM
0 Likes
davidh

GTRunner,

I found out that under FCC and state laws, Verizon has a set amount of time in which to make sure you have dial-tone, or internet service. Internet 48hours, dial tone I believe is 72hours.  After that Verizon is fined each day you are without service. Your state should also have an office to file a complaint. They too will fine Verizon.

I just found this out and filed a complaint. I received a call from Verizon not 2hours later saying they received notice of my complaint. They are sending someone to my house tonight to fix my dial-tone and internet.

Let me know if that helps. - David

0 Likes