porting question
portquestion1
hello, i live in a condo complex. if i am porting my landline verizon phone to another voip provider, in this case ooma, does verizon need to send a tech out to my condo complex to complete this process? im not sure how the process of porting numbers goes. does this entail only central office paperwork, or does it require someone to physically come here as well? condo doesnt like people coming in to mess with the wiring, so if verizon does need to come in then i might just get a new number on ooma and cancel verizon separately, which is not ideal.
0 Likes
Re: porting question
Hubrisnxs
Legend

it's all software, no tech is needed on site.  I would recommend that you do not disconnect your verizon phone service, until ooma has succesfully made the change and they say it's ok to cancel the verizon. 

if you cancel the verizon too soon, then ooma will have a problem trying to get your number.

BUT to answer your question ooma gets your number, transfers it to their equipment, your home service begins working connected to the ooma device, and then stops working when connected to your verizon jacks (in the wall) 

again just double check with ooma before cancelling or scheduling the cancel of the verizon line

@portquestion wrote:
hello, i live in a condo complex. if i am porting my landline verizon phone to another voip provider, in this case ooma, does verizon need to send a tech out to my condo complex to complete this process? im not sure how the process of porting numbers goes. does this entail only central office paperwork, or does it require someone to physically come here as well? condo doesnt like people coming in to mess with the wiring, so if verizon does need to come in then i might just get a new number on ooma and cancel verizon separately, which is not ideal.
0 Likes