put on hold for 2 hours to reach tech support today via the "Talk to Us" call me back
sialis

In need of technical support regarding a telephone calling features problem I am having,  I used the "Talk to Us" call back option via the "Contact Us" webpage of the Support section of Verizon's Customer Services website.  This call back is supposed to come "as soon as an agent is available" or "at a time that fits your schedule" but instead at 1:02 PM my home phone rang immediately after clicking the "call me" icon.  I was then placed on hold for a full 2 hours before anyone from telephone tech support picked up (somewhere in Long Island I was told). 

I wasted another 20 minutes trying to get a friendly but seemingly very junior tech support staffperson to help me.  After pleasantly getting nowhere with him, I asked to speak with a supervisor - whom I was told would be "Ron" (an "Escalation" something-or-other).  I waited patiently to speak with Ron for another full 15 minutes only to be told by the junior staffer that Ron would rather call me back. It's almost 5 PM here in Maryland and I still wait for Ron's callback.  

I started this process today at about 1 PM because yesterday I started the exact same routine at about 3PM but ran out of time before help could be found as I had to be somewhere at 5 PM.  I waited nearly an hour to speak with a tech staffer plus another 35 minutes afterwards - involving numerous lengthy holds as the staffer tried to find out or convey clarifying instructions from some senior staffperson.  I was promised a call back at around 6:15 PM that evening and notes were recorded to facilitate the next staffer to help me. While I did receive a call back at about 6:20, it was from a call center in India - and they could only assist if my problem aligned with some pre-existing script of customer help needs (it doesn’t).  The supervisor there was kind enough to call me back and connect me with someone in the US who works for Verizon tech support, but as it was about 7 PM - no one who could actually help with my problem was available and I was told to call back today (to no avail).  

I'd really appreciate being contacted by someone with authority in Verizon's customer services division to discuss this appalling level of service...

0 Likes
Re: put on hold for 2 hours to reach tech support today via the "Talk to Us" call me back
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi sialis,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes