"Vacation" suspension of services
pjw19804

Initial request on 5/30/18 Order to "vacation" suspend phone/Internet/TV.  Not "vacation" per se, occupant is long-term hospitalization.  Considering such, I was told that a referral telephone number would be added to the "service suspension" recording so callers could contact someone else for information.  After 24 hours, the message announced,  "The person you are trying to reach is not able to receive your call." PERIOD!  Nothing further!  I telephoned on 5/31, 6/3, 6/5, and was told "We're working on it"; "It's a separate work order"; "Oh, my! That is important!  We're sorry!  I'll mark it urgent!"; and here it is EIGHT DAYS LATER and the message has not changed.  I'm tired of telephoning 800-837-4966 and getting vacuous lip service.  Anyone out there know how to address this?  Thanks for any help.  People are calling and thinking my mother is dead or something.

0 Likes
Re: "Vacation" suspension of services
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi @pjw19804,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Vacation suspension of services - A train wreck of broken promises
pjw19804

Matter concluded with great disappointment!

Initial request on May 30, 2018, to "vacation" suspend phone/Internet/TV. Not "vacation" per se, occupant is long-term hospitalization. I was told that a referral telephone number would be added to the "service suspension" recording so callers would be told to "call ###-###-####  for further information."

After 24 hours, the message announced, "The person you are trying to reach is not able to receive your call." PERIOD! Nothing further!

I telephoned on May 31st, June 3rd , June 5th , and was told "We're working on it"; "It's a separate work order"; "Oh, my! That is important! We're sorry! I'll mark it urgent!"...   

On June 7th, I was told by a moderator that my issue had been escalated to a Verizon agent and I would be contacted. 

On June 12th, I spent an hour in "Chat with agent" only to learn there was  no record of an escalation and the last notation was dated June 5th when a follow-up was generated .The "Chat with agent" transferred the chat to FIOS Technical Support  who advised he had nothing to do with it. 

On June 13th, TWO WEEKS after the work order was generated,  I had a Chat with a Verizon Social Media team member who said he had found the option to get this intercept corrected and would forward a request.  

On June 14th, I received a message from Verizon support services says once service is suspended it is impossible to change the message without restoring service then suspending it again.

On June 18th, spoke with Supervisor at 800 number who advised "THERE IS NO SUCH ANIMAL!"  On "vacation" suspension, there can be NO referral to another number.  She had been there 13 years and never heard of adding a referral to a suspension recording.  The only way a referral can be added is if service is cancelled.

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE ELSE KNOW THAT?  WHY DID EVERYONE ELSE KEEP PROMISING ME THEY WOULD FIX IT AND FAIL TO FOLLOW THROUGH?

0 Likes