setting up call forwarding from a remote location
Emelia_Weg

hello,

i am on vacation right now. i'd like to have my calls forwarded to my number here.  Is there any way I can do it via internet or remotely?

thank you.

0 Likes
Re: setting up call forwarding from a remote location
mike19691
Contributor - Level 1

It depends on if you have FIOS Digital Voice telephone service. If so you can log on to your online Verizon account and turn it on from there. If you do not have FIOS Digital Voice, it cannot be done. 😞

0 Likes
vms_dude
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon does offer a service called "Ultra Call Forwarding" - also known as "Remote Call Foward". It is available in the former Bell Atlantic area (i.e. Mid-Atlantic). If you subscribe to this service, you can remotely forward your line by calling 888-294-1618. Enter your 10-digit telephone number, and then your remote PIN. The system will tell you if you do not subscribe to the service. if you do subscribe, you can then setup the number you want your calls forwarded to.

If you a re a Fios Digital Voice customer, you can do this via the web at:

https://www36.verizon.com/fiosvoice/

0 Likes
tirebiter

As of May 2013 you could do this from any Internet-connected computer if you have the Call Forwarding service active on your mobile phone.  The web address to remotely turn Call Forwarding on or off is currently:

https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/secure/services/CallForward.action

0 Likes
Tex21

There is a new number to activate "Ultra Forwarding".  It is 888-383-8080.

The one listed in earlier posts doesn't work any more and you will get a busy signal.

Verizon used to have two numbers.  One was residential and the other was business.  They got rid of the residential number, but the one I listed (business) above still works.

If you have only regular forwarding--Sorry pal, this number won't work for you.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes