tree down on phone line
7halos

Last month duing the hurricane, a tree fell down from a neighbors yard on the phone lines for the entire neighborhood, taking out three phone lines, mine and the homes on both sides of me. My next door neighbor was in the hospital and returned home just yesterday to Dead phone lines.  After Much pleading a line tech finally arrived at night fall (Iwaited all day long for this guy) to jerri-rig my disconnected phone line still under the downed tree about 3 weeks ago. Verizon was SUPPOSED to send out a crew to clear thier own phone lines.  Never happened.  I have one question: Why isn't there a 911 type of emergency contact service for verizon. A direct and LIVE service maned 24 hours a day.  I mean really??  This is the one thing Verizon NEEDS to be the best at, just like the electric company.  Honestly I hate to have to call the phone company for ANY THING. Having to endure that "Dead Head" computer screening system in efforts to get anything accompilished is down right Hellacious!  For real! I'd rather go to the dentist for a root canal. Now the land lines are down AGAIN! and I'm back to carring around and depending on my expensive cell phone I just keep for emergencies.  There is no compensation for cell phones but guess what? Verizon wouldn't let me submit a repair request witout one. Hello??? My internet is somewhat working while I'm landlineless, it goes in and out, so I'm taking this opportunity to vent and try to find a good CB radio system, breaker, breaker this is grama, any of my chillins got your ears on?

0 Likes
Re: tree down on phone line
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello 7halos,

I am sorry for the late technician arrival but it is correct that Verizon does not remove downed trees or debris from private property which would require a local arborist.  Once the impediment is removed we would be pleased to assist you with stringing up new lines.  For live assistance you may reach out to Verizon at 1-800-VERIZON which is always available as well.

Thank you

0 Likes
Down phone line
angelaestewart1

I have had no success in getting anyone to respond to down phones on my property.

Any suggestions? I've contacted Verizon many times since the October storm.

Thank you

0 Likes