unwanted calls
few1

Todays calls (after phone no. search):  1. carpet cleaning marketing. 2. security system marketing.  3. "unavailable."  4. "unavailable." 5. no information found. 6. "unavailable." 7. financing marketing (scam?). And 8. a friend's social call.  All except the friend are unwanted.  Any ideas who to best deal with / stop the unwanted ones?

0 Likes
Re: unwanted calls
Justin46
Legend

@few wrote:

Todays calls (after phone no. search):  1. carpet cleaning marketing. 2. security system marketing.  3. "unavailable."  4. "unavailable." 5. no information found. 6. "unavailable." 7. financing marketing (scam?). And 8. a friend's social call.  All except the friend are unwanted.  Any ideas who to best deal with / stop the unwanted ones?

NOMOROBO is my recommendation. This is a free service you can sign up for, but you must have Verizon's Digital Voice phone service, not POTS, because it makes use of the Simultaneous Ring feature. I have been using NOMOROBO for maybe a year now, I still get a few calls but overall it has done a good job of reducing the quantity of calls. You will hear one ring for any call it blocks, but to me that is a small price to pay to not have the phone ringing constantly.

Only works on the house phone, not cell, at least that is what it said on their website the last time I looked.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Re: unwanted calls
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I concur. I signed up and it seems as though the number of calls have reduced.

0 Likes