Switch Account

using home voice mail

Highlighted
Copper Contributor TKFEnterprises
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(14,026 Views)

I was never given an access number by my installer so I have a couple of questions.  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

1.  How do I go about getting an acess number?

2.  I have seen on here that I can set the voice mail ring count to a high number then leave my normal answering machine on 4 and this will allow me to keep using my answering machine. Since I never set up the voice mail in the first place (due to not having the access number), do I need to worry about this.  I want to use my regular answering machine, so would there be any benefits to setting up the home voice mail?

Thanks for help

2 REPLIES 2
Silver Contributor V Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 2 of 3
(13,992 Views)
You can get your access number from this web site. http://www6.verizon.com/vmlookup/vmlookup.asp
Contributor uclean
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(12,891 Views)

The home voice mail might be useful if you want to get alerts thru your cell or pager that you have a message, or if you are traveling.

To change the ring count from your home phone, press 58# then 8 (to set it to answer after 8 rings). Then of course set your answering machine to 4 for it to take the message before Verizon does.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.