voice mail indicator light not available?
ephlat78

Just got voice mail as part of FIOS bundle, but I can't get the the indicator light to work. (I do get the stutter dial tone.) I spoke to FIOS tech who could not get the feature to show on their screen, so they put in a work order. Repair called me and eventually, after repeated attempts at understanding what I wanted, referred me to the local business office, saying they could turn it on (wrong!) Local business office, of course could not do that, tried to contact FIOS tech while I was on the phone, but could not get through to them! I, once again, called FIOS tech, who said they COULD turn it on, but after repeated attempts, could not, so they created another order and said it would be on within 24 hours. After all that, I received a call saying that the feature is not available in my area. GRRRR!

Can anyone confirm whether this makes sense, or am I continuing to get the run around? I know certain features may depend on the local switch's abilities, but I have never heard of the indicator light feature (FSK) availability varying by area.

0 Likes
Re: voice mail indicator light not available?
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

Hello ephlat78,

Im sorry you are getting the runaround, you are right about that feature not varying by area. If you would send my your fios telephone number in a private message I will work on this for you. Thanks

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hmm, my issue is exactly the opposite.

How do I turn off this flashing light?  There is nothing in the voice mailbox, there is no stutter dial tone but that damned light keeps on flashing away.  Has been happening ever since they worked out how to enable VM notification last week.

0 Likes
susrev
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try leaving a new message, then go back in and delete it. Wait until the flashing stops before picking up the handset to make another call. The visual message waiting indicator does seem to be a little more tempermental with FiOS. If that doesn't clear it, put in a trouble ticket and have repair reset it.

0 Likes
Alisa

Was your problem resolved?  I also just upgraded my phones to a Uniden DECT 6.0, and no longer have a visible voicemail indicator light.  FIOS tech support says it may not be available in my area, and call billing tomorrow....

0 Likes
Ephlat

Still not resolved. The last word I got from Verizon is that I can't get the feature in my area. Who knows if it's true or just an excuse?

0 Likes
JoeKaren531

I've bee trying for close to three Weeks to get this feature turned on. Whenever I call They tell me the FIOS Tech will look into it. Please wait 48 hours. I've heard this 4 times now. I don't thinnk they know how to turn it on. The Audible tone is useless for us as we don't make it a habit to pick up the phone every time we walk by it.  When I had Comcast It worked just fine.

I feel your pain!! I'm getting ready to call them ONCE again! Wish me luck!

0 Likes