Switch Account

My Cause: Protecting and serving my community.

Administrator Administrator ‎05-19-2020 03:30 PM

David Turner’s 16 years as a volunteer police officer continues a calling to serve his community.

David Turner has three full-time jobs: Dad, project manager within Verizon Business and a volunteer police officer with the Wiltshire Police Force in the United Kingdom.

After briefly serving in the British Army, David felt compelled to continue service to country, so he volunteered to protect and serve his greater community as a Special Constable — a role that’s more important than ever during COVID.

One of more than 200 volunteers fulfilling this vital role, which carries nearly equal responsibility of paid officers, David shines as he dedicates more than 50 hours per month — well above the 16-hour minimum — across nights, weekends and holidays.

With 16 years under his belt, David has no plans to stop. Especially because during COVID, he believes his service has become increasingly important, providing invaluable community reassurance and answering domestic violence calls, among other duties.

Thank you David for being on the frontlines when you’re needed most. We’re proud to call you a V Teamer.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Up To Speed is a daily video shared with Verizon employees. You can follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for all the latest from the Verizon Employee Communications Team.

Stay up-to-date with the latest news stories from Verizon by subscribing to this blog.
Welcome and Enjoy the Blog!
Author

Hello All, My name is Nilsa!

I'm the Administrator and Community Manager for the Verizon Fios Community. Become part of our Community and stay informed!!
Top Kudoed Posts