1.9 Still recording duplicates
Danbo9
Enthusiast - Level 2
I'm disappointed to see that even with 1.9 my dvr is still recording duplicate episodes. I've programmed it not to record doubles but yet I have 12 of the same episode on my dvr and it is still planning on recording more. I'm not understanding why we even have that option to choose from if it doesn't even work.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 1.9 Still recording duplicates
nascar
Master - Level 1

Unless I set duplicates to Yes it only records duplicates when the "Description" is different.  I agree this is an issue with both guide data and the way the DVR looks for programs.  It should rely on more than the description and use the air date.

Even with duplicates is set to No, if I delete the recording and it re-airs it will re-record.   Again, this is an issue with both guide data and the way the DVR looks for programs. It should rely on more than the description and use the air date.

I agree there must be more smarts in the DVR.  This is one of my major complaints.

Danbo9 wrote:
I'm disappointed to see that even with 1.9 my dvr is still recording duplicate episodes. I've programmed it not to record doubles but yet I have 12 of the same episode on my dvr and it is still planning on recording more. I'm not understanding why we even have that option to choose from if it doesn't even work.

0 Likes
Re: 1.9 Still recording duplicates
Danbo9
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate your comments.  I know duplicates did not work properly before, but I was hoping that would be fixed in the update.   One of the features for 1.9 even said that it would not record duplicates based on your history, regardless whether the show was still on your dvr or deleted.  Apparently 1.9 was supposed to allow some sort of history record.  Clearly this is not the case and it is disappointing that it is not working.  I came from DirectTv and I have to say their DVR and guide system was a thousand times better.  Since DirectTv and Verizon do seem to work together in other areas I am surprised Verizon Fios doesn't try to take some pointers from them.  

0 Likes