Re: 1.9 rollout
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@tns wrote:

Nascar,

Do you have any guesses on which DAC them might start not that workers are scheduled to come back.

Actually, while no new contract is in place, it is being reported that the union will return to work on Monday August 22.

Verizon Press release

CWA Press Release (just click close on the petition signing request [unless you want to sign it] and read full release as the beginning is a restatement of strike committment).

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

He was asking which DAC would go next.  Hope to find out more on that myself and hope it is soon!

I cannot wait to move on.

@Keyboards wrote:

@tns wrote:

Nascar,

Do you have any guesses on which DAC them might start not that workers are scheduled to come back.

Actually, wile no new contradct is in place, it is being reported that the union will return to work on Monday August 22.

Verizon Press release

CWA Press Release (just click close on the petition signing request [unless you want to sign it] and read full release as the beginning is a restatement of strike committment).

tns
Master - Level 2

@nascar wrote:

He was asking which DAC would go next.  Hope to find out more on that myself and hope it is soon!

I cannot wait to move on.

@Keyboards wrote:

@tns wrote:

Nascar,

Actually, wile no new contradct is in place, it is being reported that the union will return to work on Monday August 22.

Verizon Press release

Yes.  Meant "now that workers " not  "not that workers"  in my message.  I just type badly at times.

Thanks Nascar for your PM about your thoughts.  Hope you have something more definite to post soon.

0 Likes
bjohnrini
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, a month after asking the question, still no 1.9 in Franklin Square, NY.

0 Likes
frankay213
Enthusiast - Level 3

So the strike ends tomorrow. NOW can I have 1.9 PLEASE??? Stupid unions always ruining things for me....

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@frankay213 wrote:

So the strike ends tomorrow. NOW can I have 1.9 PLEASE??? Stupid unions always ruining things for me....

Almost certainly not now! My guess is that Verizon has to get themselves ramped back up, people back in place, network setup redone or at re-verified, etc. Then they will pick a DAC to start with (they already may have done that), and start up. Since you don't have your location in your profile, I don't have even a guess when you might get it. But it is going to take a couple of months I think to finish the rollout.

All just my guess of course.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
TheOxRocks
I don't even know which DAC I'm in (I live in White Plains, NY). How do I find out? Any idea when we'll get IMG 1.9 here?
0 Likes
frankay213
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Justin wrote:

@frankay213 wrote:

Almost certainly not now! My guess is that Verizon has to get themselves ramped back up, people back in place, network setup redone or at re-verified, etc. Then they will pick a DAC to start with (they already may have done that), and start up. Since you don't have your location in your profile, I don't have even a guess when you might get it. But it is going to take a couple of months I think to finish the rollout.

Keller, TX 76248

VHO8 - Philadelphia

0 Likes
frankay213
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Justin wrote:

@frankay213 wrote:

Keller, TX 76248

VHO8 - Philadelphia

0 Likes
alden
Contributor - Level 1
Re: 1.9 rollout[ New ]

@frankay213 wrote:

Keller, TX 76248

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Couple months to finish rollout? Are you kidding Justin?

Joe Ambeault said it's very likely Verizon not gonna finish rollout this year.

Knowing how optimistic he usually is, I am positive 1.9 will NOT be installed in every Verizon box by Memorial day 2012. And this is optimistic snenario, yesterday we've had earthquake on East Coast - perfect reason to delay. Then, hurricane Irene coming, after that - winter and snowstorms...