Re: Activating external eSATA...
ejpbowie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, I went out and bought a drive in June, went away in July and August, and now the summer is over and still no sign of the upgrade in the Washington, D.C. area.  I've given up and started using my new hard drive for data backups and will go and get another one for DVR usage.  Any updates on when we can expect the upgrade out here? 

0 Likes
JCupl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here in Dallas (error and try again message), but after an hour or so Wednesday AM, it activated. Today I successfully activated the "multi-hub feature" , with a dialog telling me it would take 2-4 minutes, but more like 12. Did work. 

I have release 1.9 build 10.95

VHO ID 3301

platform ID QIP-7200 P2

So far all pretty positive here!

0 Likes
kmalansky

A friend of mine in the DC area just switched to FIOS and he received a new box with 1.9 on it. I am hoping they do the roll out to the rest of us in the DC area.

0 Likes
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

Did he invite you over to check it out? If this is true it could be closer than we think to VHO 04. I sure hope so been waiting along time for this. I believe we are in the same DAC. I'm still curious though on how the slow spin process works. Does any of the testers out there know how they choose the inital slow spin in a market? Anyone know or heard which DAC in the East will be next?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

He probably has a Cisco box.

0 Likes
Re: IS THIS SOMETHING VZ CUSTOMERS SHOULD WORRY ABOUT ? READ LINKS
prisaz
Legend

@jesbec0318 wrote:

http://www.fiercetelecom.com/press_releases/activevideo-files-injunction-against-verizon-stop-unlawf...

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/verizon-fights-activevideos-request-injunction/2011-08-15

http://www.fiercetelecom.com/story/activevideo-aims-injunction-verizon-tv-services/2011-08-15

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/activevideo-scores-115m-judgement-verizon-patent-suit/2011-08-03

Why not have a systemwide release of 1.9 img before this happen? Let us all enjoy the release before dooms day.

Perhaps it is why Virginis and DAC3 with MD, VA and Washington DC is last. Might be a good thing I get it last or don't get it. TiVO shares content between boxes, did they get sued? Verizon has had MRDVR for a while, what about the SAT providers, did the get sued? Multi hub is the only thing I see as being new in the game. I don't see that it is justified. Only thing I see is Cablevision being in bed with this outfit, and a way to go after the competion. Cablevision wants a monopoly.

0 Likes
Re: 1.9 rollout
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

1 thing we know for sure is the non-offical statement for DAC's 1,9,5, and 3 is not correct as far as the order being released, So what is the order going to be now? DAC 9 has already been skipped, How will the order follow now?

@tns wrote:

They do it by DAC. 

Two Dacs are done (13 and 7)

Four to go.

VHOAreaDAC
1Carrolton, TX1
2Temple Terrace, FL7
3Pomona, CA1
3APalm Springs, CA1
4Silver Spring, MD3
5Queens, NY5
6Burlington, MA5
6AProvidence, RI5
7Freehold, NJ9
8Philadelphia, PA9
9Richmond, VA3
9ANorfolk, VA3
10INSold to Frontier
11Pittsburgh, PA7
12ORSold to Frontier
13WASold to Frontier
14Harrisburg, PA13
15Buffalo, NY13
15ASyracuse, NY13
15BAlbany, NY13

Some non-official sources say the remaining order is

DAC 1, 9, 5, and last 3.

0 Likes
Re: 1.9 roll out
prisaz
Legend

I believe DAC 9 was scheduled as per peoples postings that said the coming soon was on their screen, and it went away. Perhaps the East coast strike had something to do with it. I have no idea who is getting what when. But skipping to the West coast to keep things moving only seemed fair. Then at some point coming back East to us. I do know based on this list that 9 was before 3. Now if Verizon had not done what they had, it would have delayed the release for everyone, and the perhaps I would see it next year. I believe it was a good business decision to do what was done. We will all see 1.9 at some point so I can wait.

0 Likes
Re: 1.9 roll out
smtenney1
Enthusiast - Level 3

So the best we can tell from the messages here is that DAC 1 was the last to get 1.9?

We don't even know who has actually gotten the latest notification of the install.

I would hope for a steady roll out, but it doesn't seem to be that way.

I've also had an esata drive standing by waiting.

0 Likes
Re: 1.9 rollout
dannysal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello Verizon, any chance you can answer these questions abou the MA/Boston area rollout?  Thank you.

0 Likes