Re: 1.9 rollout
NNard
Contributor - Level 1

The message is gone on my STB's - I live in Long Island, NYSmiley Sad

0 Likes
wchandyjr1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just checked, gone from mine too. Yet another Verizon disappointment!

0 Likes
rtejiram
Enthusiast - Level 3

the message is gone from mine as well.. Queens NY...

So will it be 11/9 for us or till thanksgiving? any idea? 

is there a forum like satelliteguys.us for Fios subscribers..?

Cause this forum doesnt give much information....

Thanks..

0 Likes
alden
Contributor - Level 1

@BigggFuzzyG wrote:

Did Joe A. say anything in any of the forums yet? Beside just the tweeting. The batting order has changed and Nova should be smiling sooner which means what exactly? Moving on to the next DAC?
@dcgaijin wrote:

Joe A tweeted that the batting order was changed and NoVA should be smiling sooner, so...

I haven't seen him on the forums for a while, but in his tweets he tells people from NY and Boston that they are now last in the queue due to a maintenance issue unrelated to the IMG update and that the next area should be getting the update in days. Since there are only 2 DACs left, and the "NoVA smiling sooner" is his words (or approximately his words), the implication is that DAC 3 is now planned in "days."

Is not this funny that NYC  - where Verizon headquarters is located along with Boston are the very last regions for 1.9 rollout?. Joe A. really hates his own top bosses by putting Big Apple  to be next to none in the line for upgrade.

Hello, Joe A, why you don't respect your bosses? If I would be Verizon CEO, I would fire you for the mess you created with IMG 1.9.

You are lucky I am not...

0 Likes
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

It's funny, I was just on here and shut my computer off, When I got my answer on which DAC is next if any. As "A New Fios Is Coming" message is on my box. Something I've waited along time for. I would notice, I've been checking for a week. And last night it said Toy Story 3 was on there. I can only hope this is it with no interference or interuption of the update for DAC 3 this time.

0 Likes
dannysal
Enthusiast - Level 3

I truly wish Verizon would give us more details on way this is such a big deal and what exactly is causing the delay.  To a novice like myself, isn't this is a simply software update?  We get software updates all the time on our PC's, gaming systems, phones, Blu-Ray players, TV's...what the heck is the big deal?  Just push the button and send the update.

0 Likes
dcgaijin

Got the message on my box this morning. Am thinking good thoughts to ward off any more hiccups in the rollout. 

0 Likes
Mubble

Received the coming soon message this morning in Waldorf, MD.  I got a 7232 at the Upper Marlboro office no charge and they have a lot of them. Sorry NY I bet you guys are dissapointed 😞

One tip for the 7232 on the clock screen brightness issue. Go to a window tint shop and get a scrap of the darkest tint they have and cut a litte rectangle to cover the clock. I doubled up my tint and it looks great. I then put a round piece of black electrical tape over the power button. ( I dont need to see a blink everytime I push a button)

0 Likes
Stewtv
Enthusiast - Level 3
If it's good enough, then why is the software not good enough for NY?
cep42
Enthusiast - Level 2

Aplle can upgrade millions and millions of devices in a single day, these clowns at verizon need 6-9 months and still cant get it right.  COME ON!!!!, stop the **bleep** IMG 1.9 works, now download it to the customers.

0 Likes