Re: 1.9 rollout
prisaz
Legend

@ABCMD wrote:

My issue isnt/hasnt been about the guide; it is about the SATA storage and multi hub features; those are the things I was told were coming a year ago and would effect my families' tv watching.

Why these two hardware features are tied to the massive 1.9 upgrade has never been clear to me; the voicemail on screen was done independent of 1.9, i have that already.

Two different issues: the guide, and the hardware functionalities. I realize this is repetitive (duh) but some of your answers dont seem to be comprehending this. Those of you who have these features for many months please dont tell me I am just a complainer, you have it and pay the same as I do.

Do you actually think that FIOS customer service gets massive numbers of service calls in each zone when upgrade ocurs, or even enough to justify several months between each zone being upgraded?

Having access to the Beta, the initial release notes when released mentioned expanded storage. As far as multi hub and DVR to DVR, that was not available until later in the bata and was not published until later. So you can say Multi hub. But I do understand your point. After all I don't know if the DTV action freezeing in one room and starting in another works as well as the DTV commercial hype shows. But the Verizon Multi Hub I am considering very soon.

CID and Voice mail never worked quite right for me until the Digital Voice upgrade, and the addition of the Menu item that seemed to be unrelated to the 1.9, but was loaded jus prior to the 1.9 load. So they could have been related in some way. Available memory? It is difficult to say. Only the developers have all the answers. If they are waiting I am sure it is for good reason.

I know based on the number of posts, there are a large number of support calls that come in due to the fact some have older tube type HD hardware that may have worked fine with the non HD guide. Those customers may have stretched their screens, done one thing or another to make the screen the way they want it. Some may have even called tech support for assistance with that. So now when you get the HD guide, a whole other set of issues come up.

0 Likes
bigwillthechamp

Soooo, it's been about a month. Any idea what's up with this god forsaken update?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@bigwillthechamp wrote:

Soooo, it's been about a month. Any idea what's up with this god forsaken update?

Like many companies, they probably have a year end freeze on making software changes to their systems that are not absolutely necessary.

0 Likes
Malcolm_Stanley
Contributor - Level 3

The upgrade will occur sometime early in the new year.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@Malcolm_Stanley wrote:

The upgrade will occur sometime early in the new year.

Yes....udoubtably.  The question that remains is which year?  2012?  2015?  😄

MeanMrMustard1
Enthusiast - Level 2
This is part of a pattern with Verizon across all of their services. For example, until a few weeks ago it was near impossible to get an "N" speed router. I went to several stores and called customer support repeatedly and all they ever stocked or sent were the antiquated, obsolete Wireless "G" routers (Rev. A-E). Even Walmart doesn't stock "G" speed routers anymore. It would be like selling black and white TV's. Now, with this 1.8 guide, designed for an old 4:3 tube TV, it's also like last century's technology.
0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

The "Its almost here! A new FIOS TV is coming...." message is back throughout DAC 5 (NY, MA, RI areas) as well as reports of the Email message

So most likely within a week the rest of us will finally get it.

0 Likes
dannysal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hallelujah!  I got the email last night.  Is it true?  Is it really happening soon?    

0 Likes
charliewatts
Contributor - Level 2

I'm told that Most of NY Metro area is getting 1.9 on Wednesday 1-11-12.

0 Likes
videoprofessor

I live in NYC and did not get any such email message as of yet.  By the time Verizon rolls it out here, it will be outdated!!

0 Likes