1.9 rollout
bjohnrini
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry if this has been answered already.

Anyone know when 1.9 is supposed to be rolled out to the Long Island, NY  (franklin square) area?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 1.9 rollout
ZatoichiBlack

Anyone know when this will be rolled out to Columbia, MD

0 Likes
alden
Contributor - Level 1

Sometime in the future - a week from now, a month from now a year from now... This is Verizon guys, that the way this company operates. They started roll-out in Aril 1.9, then decided to stop roll out and remake 1.9 to 1.9a. Then, by the end of the summer they will find something else, stop rollout to make new updated release they call 1.9b. Sometime, by the end of this century, releaze 1.9y will be rolled out to everybody, maybe..

0 Likes
dhlunar
Enthusiast - Level 3

How are we going to learn when we are scheduled to receive 1.9?  Will there be a message on the message center on the TV regarding the update?

Will the update come during the middle of the night?  When the update is being downloaded and installed can we still use the STB?

0 Likes
oneintouch
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

My VHO (07) is scheduled for the next update.  I know this because when I press the Menu button, there's a message on the top of the screen saying  "It's almost here!  A new FiOS TV is coming!".   I also received an email confirming the same.   

Since my VHO (and VHO 8 as well) have has the message for about a week now, I suspect the update may occur tonight, but Verizon gives no specific date or time. 

The update occurs automatically during the middle of the night, and the box automatically reboots... at that point you have the new IMG.  As far as I have heard, the amount of time your box is down is only about as long as it takes for the box to reboot, which isn't long at all. 

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@dhlunar wrote:

How are we going to learn when we are scheduled to receive 1.9?  Will there be a message on the message center on the TV regarding the update?

Will the update come during the middle of the night?  When the update is being downloaded and installed can we still use the STB?

In VHO8 there was an email sent informing us of the coming of the new guide in addition to the notice at the top of the menu.  Received the email the week before the the update is supposed to happen (this week according to "guesstimates").

0 Likes
monkaquinas
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in Dallas and I'm dying for the long awaited 1.9 IMG, I don't understand why the Strike in the East is affecting us here with the rollout.  Has anyone heard anything?

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

Because 45,000 workers decided to not work so those that are working need to pick up the slack.

nascar
Master - Level 1

Hopefully things at Verizon will return to normal next week.  With that, I hope the 1.9 rollout will resume in the next two weeks.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Nascar,

Do you have any guesses on which DAC them might start now that workers are scheduled to come back.

0 Likes