Any timeline for NOVA?
kcammie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any timeline for when 1.9 will roll out in Northern Virginia?  Just curious and will be happy if anyone can provide any insight.  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Any timeline for NOVA?
tns
Master - Level 2

@kcammie wrote:

Any timeline for when 1.9 will roll out in Northern Virginia?  Just curious and will be happy if anyone can provide any insight.  Thanks

I would have guessed 6 weeks, but they are now on hold for something.

0 Likes
bmc333

I too am awaiting this release for NOVA - (anxiously) since I have my Western Digital 1 TB drive ready and waiting...

0 Likes
apoc3

I would love to find out too, but Verizon doesn't seem to release any real info.  Too bad you can't go out and actively pull it via some code (like DirecTV sometimes has).

0 Likes
apemandan

Ok...just got FIOS installed today.  I'm in Reston and did my homework and some friends in Alexandria told me they had 1.9.  I open up my setting after the install tech hooked it up and 1.8 is showing up.  He said he couldn't help so I called Verizon and the guy on the phone told me the same thing.  can't push an update and he had no timeline.  This blows.  I have a 2TB eSATA hard drive just aching to be plugged into my new DVR.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Your friend probably got Cisco boxes.  They are all on 1.9.  The 1.9 for Motorola boxes is probably scheduled for the 2nd week in Novermber.

0 Likes
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

@apemandan wrote:

Ok...just got FIOS installed today.  I'm in Reston and did my homework and some friends in Alexandria told me they had 1.9.  I open up my setting after the install tech hooked it up and 1.8 is showing up.  He said he couldn't help so I called Verizon and the guy on the phone told me the same thing.  can't push an update and he had no timeline.  This blows.  I have a 2TB eSATA hard drive just aching to be plugged into my new DVR.

You are in the same DAC as me, Which is DAC 3. And are in VHO 9 or 9a, Which means you should have the 1.9a update on or around the 25th of this month. 6 days before Halloween. It does suck it hasn't happened yet, but it won't be long now

0 Likes
ukbritt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anybody else get email notification of guide upgrade?

0 Likes
curvin4

NoVA (Leesburg, Va) reports getting the message.

0 Likes
nycplayboy78
Contributor - Level 1

I just turned on my television today and went into the Main Menu. I have a message at the top of my screen stating:

"It's Almost Here! - A new FiOS TV is coming..."

I am in NoVA in the Dulles Region....

0 Likes