Got new img message, but then ... nothing (also, how to get new DVR?)
Psychlist1972

Several days ago, when I turned on my STB, I got a message saying a new upgrade was available. It was a box on the screen with (as I recall) an ok/cancel button. However, I couldn't get the box to respond to the remote. Finally, it seems I canceled it, as I got a message saying I'd be reminded every 24 hours if I didn't upgrade now.

I've never received another message. I'd really like to get the new 1.9x image.

I live smack between Annapolis, MD and Washington, DC. Was this an aborted rollout, or did I screw something up on my stb?

Also, I have an older 7 series p1 HD dvr (same box I'm talking about above). I'd like to get the new higher-capacity one. However, all the links I've seen in the forums now redirect to the same OnDemandHome.aspx page which has zero info on the new DVR. Any idea where the form I need to fill out is located?

Thanks.

Pete

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Got new img message, but then ... nothing (also, how to get new DVR?)
tns
Master - Level 2

Are you sure it just say a new IMG is coming.  As far as I have heard your DAC and VHO have not been sent the IMG yet.  And I don't think it ever gives you a choice, it just automatically updates.

0 Likes
KeithLM

I'm having the exact same behavior. The last two days I've been prompted to update and it has ignored the fact that I have pressed OK. Eventually the dialog prompt times out.  I haven't seen a message telling me it'd happen again in 24 hours.  Is there some way to force the update to happen?

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

Your area is not scheduled to upgrade yet. There is nothing to do or press.  It will come in the middle of the night.  Hopefully in the next month or two.

0 Likes
Psychlist1972

Ok, false alarm (I should know better). Thanks for the responses.

This was an unexpected update from my *TV*, not from the FIOS box. They happen to look similar.

I got all excited as we lose tons of recordings due to the small size of the drive in the DVR. For HD video, you can't record but a few movies and it's full. I wasn't able to find any current link to request the larger DVR and didn't want to call as my experiences with customer service on the phone always end in pain as I have both a business account (fios tv and phone, plus mobile) and a residential account (broadband) at the same address.

Pete

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

Larger 500 Gig DVR request is here...

https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/members/DvrExpansion.aspx

And when 1.9 is on you DVR you can add more space with an eSATA drive.

0 Likes
Psychlist1972

Excellent, thanks! I looked around here forever and only found old, outdated links that all redirected to a generic page. That link did it.

I'm definitely looking forward to the eSata expansion in 1.9 (and have been for a long time now <g>)

Pete

0 Likes