Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Guide not full screen as advertised

SOLVED
matthew326
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Guide not full screen as advertised

Message 1 of 16
(11,011 Views)

I honestly don't know why everyone is complaining about 1.9, I think it is great!

It was long overdue an update and I am glad to finally have a hd guide BUT in all the previews of it I have seen, they said the tv guide would be 16:9 however on my one it isn't.  I looked in all the settings but didn't see anything obvious, is there something I am missing?  Also, sometimes guide can take a little while to open after pressing the guide button, just me?  Will it get better?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nascar
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Guide not full screen as advertised

Message 9 of 16
(10,908 Views)

OK then if the HD wide screen guide is not an issue than you don't need a 7 series.  You would if you did want the wide screen guide and eSATA expansion.  Plus the new 7232 has a 500 gig hard drive which is larger so you can store more recordings.  You do not need a specific DVR for multi room, the 6416 will do that just fine even if you don't want it.

I'm just trying to let you know you have choices. 

matthew326 wrote:

Why do you say I will be happy I did?

Don't get me wrong, I would probably be happy if I did but what makes you say I would be happy if I did?  I am really not interested in a multiroom dvr as I just know that would cause WAY to much conflict, we have a dvr in each room and yet I still find all my recordings on my bedroom dvr being deleted.

I don't really want to get a brand new DVR just so I can have a widescreen tv guide!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
tns
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 2 of 16
(11,010 Views)

Full screen HD guide is only available on Motorola 7xxx and Cisco STB's.

What type box are you using. 

AlKey
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 16
(10,979 Views)

I have HD DVR QIP 4616-2 and it can only display IMG in 4:3. The other STB QIP 7200-1 works fine and the new guide is displayed in 16:9.

matthew326
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 16
(10,968 Views)

I don't know what kind of box I am using as I am watching it using my slingbox.  I am away from home at the moment and won't be back until the end of this month.

Is there a way to find out what type of box I have in the system info?

I got it sometime in August of of 2010 so considering it is less than a year old and it can't support a full screen guide is absolutely ridiculous!

What is Verizon's reason for not having the full screen guide on my model?

nascar
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 5 of 16
(10,948 Views)
Try Menu... Settings... System Info... Then look at the Platform ID. 

You can also check online here...

https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/members/MySetTopBoxes.aspx

matthew326 wrote:

I don't know what kind of box I am using as I am watching it using my slingbox.  I am away from home at the moment and won't be back until the end of this month.

Is there a way to find out what type of box I have in the system info?

I got it sometime in August of of 2010 so considering it is less than a year old and it can't support a full screen guide is absolutely ridiculous!

What is Verizon's reason for not having the full screen guide on my model?

matthew326
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 16
(10,931 Views)

Okay, my receiver is a QIP-6416 P2

I can watch all hd content in widescreen and hd so why the hell did verizon decide to single out my HD receiver?

Considering I got my receiver less than a year ago, would it be possible to get a free upgrade?

nascar
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 7 of 16
(10,921 Views)

It is a limitation of the 6416.  Get your self a 7 Series DVR.  You will be happy you did.  I know the website speaks of a charge but if there are any Verizon stores near you with boxes you may avoid a swap charge.

https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/members/DvrExpansion.aspx

matthew326 wrote:

Okay, my receiver is a QIP-6416 P2

I can watch all hd content in widescreen and hd so why the hell did verizon decide to single out my HD receiver?

Considering I got my receiver less than a year ago, would it be possible to get a free upgrade?

matthew326
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 8 of 16
(10,912 Views)

Don't get me wrong, I would probably be happy if I did but what makes you say I would be happy if I did?  I am really not interested in a multiroom dvr as I just know that would cause WAY to much conflict, we have a dvr in each room and yet I still find all my recordings on my bedroom dvr being deleted.

I don't really want to get a brand new DVR just so I can have a widescreen tv guide!

nascar
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 9 of 16
(10,909 Views)

OK then if the HD wide screen guide is not an issue than you don't need a 7 series.  You would if you did want the wide screen guide and eSATA expansion.  Plus the new 7232 has a 500 gig hard drive which is larger so you can store more recordings.  You do not need a specific DVR for multi room, the 6416 will do that just fine even if you don't want it.

I'm just trying to let you know you have choices. 

matthew326 wrote:

View solution in original post

matthew326
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 10 of 16
(10,898 Views)

Ah okay, well thank you very much for your help!

I may go and get one once I get back home!

Thank you!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title