Guide's Most important attribute
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

I have seen many posts here from people both praising & complaining about the guide. They like OR dislike the font, colors, access, menus, etc..  In my opinion all of these things are both minor and subjective.  What I see as the most glaring failure of the guide is its lack of accuracy.  The guide, regardless of how easy it is to use or how nice it looks, is WORTHLESS if the information it provides is WRONG.

I have selected shows listed in the guide and found a completely different program than what was listed more times than I could count.  I have selected to record a series, "1st run only"  and have episodes missed because the guide failed to list "New" Episodes as new.  Just discovered today, by accident, that the NEWEST episode of "Sparticus" a series I am recording, coming up this Friday on HD is not listed as "New".  It would have been yet another missed episode because of Guide error.

Multiple times over the last few years I have seen posts from numerous people complaining about Guide inaccuracy.  Yet Verizon has done absolutely nothing to correct this long standing problem.  If i ever decide to quit FIOS, this will be one of the main reasons for that choice.  A DVR is near useless if the guide prevents programs you want to see from being recorded.

I am posting for two reasons: 1st. To let people who have set their DVRs to record the Series "Sparticus" to check thier "recording schedule" to see if the guide will cause them to miss the next episode, so they can record it individually. 2nd. To add my voice to the multitude of complaints about the nearly useless guide.

Labels (1)